❄Ch. 23: So Close Yet So Far❄

A/N #1: I included a Dabi AMV so now it's time for a Hawks one! ^^^

~Character Info~

Quirk: Winter's Breath

Hero Name: Frostbite

Hero Costume: long white sleeve shirt, blue shorts, long blue sleeveless coat w/ white fur that reaches a bit past the hips, and white knee-high boots w/ short heels

Occupation: Pro Hero/Sidekick

Affiliation: Hawks' Agency

Age: 21

Height: 5'2"

Hair: Shoulder-length and white w/ bangs (R.I.P. long hair ;-;)

Eye Color: Turquoise

Likes: Iced Coffee, Ice Cream

Dislikes: the heat

Fears: Heights

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Inside a 7-Eleven, (Y/N)'s greenish-blue orbs scanned the aisles for food to take back to her now shared apartment with Hawks who was on the other side of the convenience store getting some other items on their shopping list. She rubbed her temples in an effort to reduce some of the pain she felt as her headache continued to grow worse. The fluorescent lighting was not helping the matter. She would have to take some aspirin and lie down as soon as they got home before this turned into a full-blown migraine.

Grabbing some instant ramen off the shelf, she dropped a few of the containers of noodles into her basket. Neither of them felt like cooking so this would be their dinner tonight. Nothing fancy but it would have to do. Placing some onigiri into her basket as well, she turned around, almost coming face to face with the blonde as he came up behind her.

"Whoa you're not planning on bumping into me again like the first time, are you?" he teased her, backing up a little bit before setting some drinks down into the basket she was holding. A blush crept up her face, now reminded of the embarrassment she felt the day they first spoke with each other. It had been about a year since then and so much had happened between them. At least this time she had avoided his wings. She really needed to pay more attention to her surroundings. Her life was in danger after all. With still no information on Phantasma's whereabouts, she needed to be cautious now more than ever.

"Well sorry we can't all be as sharp-eyed as you Hawks," she responded sarcastically. She attempted to match his demeanor, knowing he was trying his best to lighten the mood. It had barely been a month of living together and she still was not used to it yet. There was only one word to describe the current state of their living situation: awkward. She would have been over the moon if it had been under different circumstances but after the incident with Touya at her apartment, she found it a bit difficult to be around him.

"You've got me there Frosty. But no worries, I'm keeping an eye on you. Can't have you getting yourself into any more trouble now can we?" he laughed as he began heading towards the register. That nickname. He had not said it after all these weeks so it surprised her a bit to hear it again. And to think he only started calling her that after making her his personal ice maker. It sort of brought a smile to her face thinking about it.

Please don't ever change Keigo.

---

Feeling emotionally drained after the long day she had, (Y/N) forced herself to climb the staircase as she dragged her feet up the steps to the second floor. Sleep. That was what she kept telling herself she needed. She had taken some aspirin for her migraine. The pounding sensation in her head had become unbearable. Now if she could just drift off to sleep and forget everything, then it would be for the best.