❄Ch. 21: Three's a Crowd❄

~Character Info~

Quirk: Winter's Breath

Hero Name: Frostbite

Hero Costume: long white sleeve shirt, blue shorts, long blue sleeveless coat w/ white fur that reaches a bit past the hips, and white knee-high boots w/ short heels

Occupation: Pro Hero/Sidekick

Affiliation: Hawks' Agency

Age: 21

Height: 5'2"

Hair: Shoulder-length and white w/ bangs (R.I.P. long hair ;-;)

Eye Color: Turquoise

Likes: Iced Coffee, Ice Cream

Dislikes: the heat

Fears: Heights

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

(Y/N)'s expression went from one of extreme surprise to one of extreme worry as she stared at the blonde in front of her. She avoided opening the door any farther as she quickly averted her gaze from him. Her thoughts trailed back to how she had left him at the hospital a few days prior. The guilt was starting to eat away at her again. Noticing that she was at a loss for words, Hawks decided to break the silence.

"(Y/N), we need to talk."

"There's nothing to talk about Hawks," she responded nervously as she looked over her shoulder. It felt strange to call him by his alias and not his actual name but she felt she did not deserve that right. "Look, now's not a very good time-I mean what are you even doing here? I thought you still had a few more days left to recover."

"I convinced them to release me a bit early and I was hoping to catch you before you went to sleep," he frowned, wishing she would look at him. Her lack of eye contact was a big giveaway that there was definitely something still off. "I couldn't just leave things the way they were. I know there's more to the story that you're not telling me and I want answers."

Your timing couldn't be any worse though. What am I supposed to do with Touya just a few rooms away?

The sound of the tableside lamp crashing to the floor caught both of their attention as Nero came scurrying out of the small hallway that led to her bedroom behind her. In his rush to get away from Touya, he had knocked it over.

"Are you finished yet? I was this close to frying your stupid cat..." He stopped talking as he stepped into the living room. Her brother had blown his cover, though it didn't seem like he cared too much. She mentally face-palmed.

Idiot! I told you to stay hidden! And Nero really?!

At that moment, both males locked eyes with each other. (Y/N) knew what would soon follow so before either of them could turn her apartment into a battlefield, she quickly placed herself between them as she attempted to block their blows. They both looked at her in astonishment. The ice that she had formed around her fist began to melt as Touya's blue flames came into contact with it. Her other hand held a cold dagger of ice as she struggled to keep Hawks' feather blade at bay. He could have easily overpowered her but he held back since he did not want to hurt her. "Looks like lover boy decided to pay you a visit," Touya taunted Hawks as he removed his hand from her fist. "Told you he'd be fine."

"(Y/N) you wanna explain to me why he's here?" Hawks questioned. She remained silent as she looked back and forth between the two of them. She had no clue what she was supposed to say to him or where to even start. Her reluctance to answer only angered him further. "If you're not gonna talk then get out of the way."