Chapter 19

Joe's POV

Lacey and I cuddled in my bed, covered only by a blanket. Her head was on my chest, and I was playing with her hair. She is the most real and wonderful thing in my life. Over the past few months, I've dreamed about moments like this, to feel the warmth of her skin next to mine, to be able to hold her in my arms, kissing every inch of her body. When she is here, this house feels cozy and warm. With her, I feel calm and forget about my problems. I thought she was asleep when she leaned on her elbow, stood up, and looked at me. I can drown in her blue eyes.

"Joe?"

"Yes, my dear?"

" Doesn't Colby seem strange to you? Like something's bothering him? "

"So you noticed it too... this case has drained him a lot, but I don't think that's all? He told me that he is attracted by woman ... maybe she didn't feel the same?"

"Would you talk to him like a man to a man. He wouldn't share with me, and you're his best friend. You can tell him about us."

"You're right, I've had enough of lying. He deserves to know the truth. I don't want to hide the fact that I'm in love with you any more. I want to shout to the whole world that I am in love with the most beautiful, sweet and delicate woman in the world." She laughed.

"You're amazing. "

Ashley POV

"Be careful, this is Chinese porcelain, It's easy to be broken!" I scolded. This task is very important for me and my business. This mansion belongs to one of the municipal councillors. He trusted me and entrusted the furniture of his house to me, I can't fail. Everything should be perfect.

"Don't worry, mA'am, everything will be put back in place unharmed. " one worker tried to reassure me. My phone rang.

"Get some rest. I'll be right back!" I left the folder I was holding on the desk and pulled my phone out of my back pocket. I looked at who it was and picked up the phone.

"Hi, Bex, how are you?"

"Ash, can we meet?"

"Bex, you sound worried, what's wrong?"

"The bank..."

"Didn't they give you a reprieve?"

"They... they sold the company to someone else."

"What?!" I screamed.

"You heard me. A man, Paul Levesque, is now the owner of the agency."

"Meet me tonight at 6 pm in front of Manuel's apartment. Maybe he'll find a solution!"

"I hope so, Ash."

"Everything will be fine, trust me."

"I love you, Ash."

"I love you too, Bex." I ended the call and quickly dialed Manuel. I know how much this agency means to Becky, there would be a way to bring it back to her.

"Ash, how are you?" he replied. As soon as I heard his voice, I smiled.

"I'm fine, Manu, but I need a favor."

"All for mi reina." I laughed.

"Manu..." I said coquettishly."...do you mind if I come over today? "

"Of course not, you're always welcome in my house, I'm just curious."

"I will come along with Becky. She needs help."

"So Becky's coming too... " he sounds a little bit sad.

"Yes, I hope it's not a problem."

"Of course it's not a problem. And she'll taste my enchiladas."