Chapter 8

Next morning Colby walked into the police station. Everyone looked like they just saw a ghost. They didn't meet him as always with big smile and warm 'Good morning.' Some of them turned around to avoid him. He wondered 'what the fuck is wrong today?' In front of his office waited Joe.

"Hey what's up?" Colby asked confused.

"Look, I know this is bullshit, but please, just listen to her and not cause problem." With that Joe walked away from his friend.

Colby sighed and opened the door. His jaw dropped to the floor when he saw her, sitting in his chair. She was very changed from the last time he saw her. Her purple hair now was blue and t-shit and jeans was replaced by costume. She slowly stood up and extended her hand to him.

"Cut the crap, Mercedez. What are you doing here?" she grinned at him.

"First of all, for you I'm Miss Varnado agent Lopez and second I'm here on business."

"What kind of business, talk fast, I have things to do!"

"Still impatien, okay. I will be brief. From now on you are suspended." He stood speechless a few seconds.

"What? Are you crazy?" she was already pissed him off.

"Look if you forgot, I work for internal investigations. And we got a signal that you killed one men from your team yesterday, so until the investigation is complete you are suspended."

"You can not be serious! If I hadn't arrived on time miss Quin could be dead now. Samy was about to kill her. I didn't have choice." He raised his voice.

"You know the rules better than me, so please give me your badge and a gun."

"So instead of looking for the real killer, you're dealing with me. That's hilarious."

"Just give me your badge and gun and leave, that's all."

"You like this, don't you?" he said as he put them on the table.

"Whatever happened between us is in the past, and you know it."

"You still can't accept that I left you."

"The world doesn't revolve around you, so if you don't mind I have work to do." And she smiled at his face.

"Bitch." Colby stormed out from the cabinet.

***

One week later Colby didn't leave his flat. He heard from the news that the police found a new body, but he couldn't do anything. Mercedez was forbid Joe to talk to him. He spent his time on the couch watching Netflix or playing video games.

"You have to go out, the weather is great. You can stop at the pier, you adore it. Please." Lacey made her puppy eyes to Colby as she sat beside her brother. He could never said no to this eyes and she knew it.

"Okay, but only for you." He said slightly bored.

"Yay!" she clapped her hands and embrace him. "Come on, put some clothes on and let's go!"

Colby was sitting at the bench at the pier when he felt someone put his hand on his shoulder. He raised his head and looked at her.

"May I sit down?" she asked with a smile on her face.

"Yeah, of course." she sat down next to him.

"Didn't you need to be on work, agent Lopez?"

"Well, the last time I check I was suspended. And you can call me Colby, miss Quin."

"Only in one condition..." he looked at her with curiosity "You should call me Becky, too." Both of them start to laught.

"Deal, Becky."

"May I ask you why you are suspended?"

"Because I have a bitchy ex, which is investigating me for the murder of Sammy." Becky felt a lump in her throat. She couldn't help, but felt guilty. Should she tell him the truth? No, this would be the worst idea ever.

"I'm sorry, Colby."

"It's ok, she always wanted a revenge, now she got it." He took a deep breath. The two of them sat in silence for a couple of minutes. Then she decided to take the first step. She stood up and extended her hand to him.

"Come on, time to get up and smile." The two of them began to walk.

"Where are we going?"

"There is a fancy coffee shop nearby. My treat."

"Okay, but next time I will pay the bill." She smiled at the thought for next time.

***

"What happened between you and your ex?" Rebecca took a sip from her coffee.

"We both couldn't get used to each other. When I said A she said Z. We could not stop fighting. One day I've had enough of her and broke with her up."

"I know this is not my place to ask..." he interrupted her.

"It's okay really. I don't mind it."

"Do you want to come to the beach with me, for a walk?"

"Why not, let's go."

***

They worn off their shoes and walked barefoot on the warm sand. They didn't talk much to each other but they appreciate each others company. The silence wasn't awkward. They just needed to feel that they are side by side. Neither one of them could explain that. And at that moment they did not care. It was only the two of them and the endless ocean. There wasn't much people because it was april. She was so grateful that today she decided to wore a skirt. She entered the water, which was already at her knees. She couldn't help but spraied him with water. And their water war began. He had chased her along the beach when she stumbled and he fell on top of her. They looked into each others eyes and neither one of them moved.

"I think we should to go, you are going to get cold." He said still panting.

"Good idea." She said and he stood up. He extended his hand to her and help her. Then he noticed the same woman, he saw at coffee shop. At first he didn't bother, but now he was sure, this woman followed them and he new exactly who she is.

words: 977

AN: Hi, lovelies, tell me what do you think about my english, I wrote this chapter directly in english and I'm not sure is it good?  If you like this chapter voted.

Love you all, kisses