Jᴜsᴛ A Kɪss ᴘᴀʀᴛ 3: Jᴜsᴛ ᴀ Wʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴘᴘᴇɴs Nᴏᴡ

It had been the next day after being at the bar with Stefan. Making it two days since the "incident" and their argument in the lobby of the law firm. Klaus had yet to talk to Caroline after she walked away from him and also yet to tell Camille about said "incident".

"Hey, I didn't know that you were coming over."

"I didn't know that I was either. I got in a cab and I ended up here." Klaus said while sitting on Cami's office couch

"Well, I don't think I have anything in the fridge. We can order take out?"

"You know? I think I'm just going to go" Klaus said not really wanting to talk

"Are you sure?" Camille asked worries about her boyfriend's sudden change

"Yeah, it's been a long day. How about tomorrow we go for dinner?" Klaus suggested

"That sounds fantastic." Camille replied still giddy from the news

"Well goodbye handsome, I'll see you tomorrow." Camille said kissing her boyfriend

"Goodbye love." He replied kissing her back

A/N: Okay, so I know I wrote it but is it me or is it weird when Klaus calls someone else love.

Anyway....back to the story

As Klaus left Camille's he could stop thinking about how when she kissed him it didn't feel like her....that this kiss that was suppose to be with his girlfriend he didn't feel like how it felt earlier when she kissed him. He knew that on some level he had feelings for Caroline Forbes but he couldn't act on them for her rule about not being able to go back once you go "there."

Ring Ring Ring

Klaus had been estranged from his birth father father finding out that he had in-fact been the product of an affair his mother had.

"Ansel, hello."

"Niklaus, how's the big corporate lawyer world."

"It's good. How's your classes going at the university?"

Klaus' father had been a University Professor at the University of New Orleans (UNO).

"They are going well, thank you Niklaus."

"You know you can call me Klaus or Nik, if you want."

The two men had a strained relationship since reconnecting with each other. Klaus felt that it was time he extended an olive branch to him.

He remembered the day he went to dinner with his father

"Klaus, why are you here and not with Ansel. He should be waiting for you at the restaurant. Was he not there?"

"I didn't go to the restaurant."

"Why not?"

"Because-"

"Listen to me, everyday you go out into the world and you find a way to win. It's who you are. It's what you do."