Chapter 23

Calista was shaken awake by Naomi in their B&B room, there was a commotion outside. Calista got out of the bed, walked over to the window, opened the curtains and opened the window to see Mr Gold and Lacey outside with Dr Whale on the ground being held down by Mr Gold's good.

"Wait, wait, wait," Dr Whale said.

"No. If you don't kiss it, you are going to taste it anyway," Mr Gold said.

"Come on, Gold. I didn't do anything," Dr Whale said.

"You stared at her and I know how you think. So kiss... My... Boot," Mr Gold said.

Neal rushed over and pulled Mr Gold off him, "What the hell are you doing?" Neal asked.

Calista wrapped herself up in a coat, "Stay here sweetie," Calista said to Naomi and walked out of the B&B going outside.

"I'm surprised you didn't turn him into a snail," Neal said.

Calista stood at the B&B door, to see Dr Whale had left, "A snail? What are you talking about?" Lacey asked Neal.

"Lacey, why don't you go and wait for me in the shop? I'll be along shortly," Mr Gold said and he handed her the keys to his shop and she walked away.

"You're unreal, you know that? You spend years looking for me. I come to town, you disappear. You haven't even bothered to meet Tamara. Oh, and when I do see you, you're taking Cali to the shop or somewhere else. Do you remember her? Your wife? The mother of your daughter? Or did you forget about her?" Neal asked.

"You don't know anything," Mr Gold said.

"Hmm... I doubt that. I know that the only time she drinks is when she believes her life has crumbled away. I know that she wouldn't leave you, no matter when her brother said to her, or anyone, she'd never leave you unless you did something to destroy her from the inside out," Neal said.

"Bae..." Mr Gold said.

"She was probably the best thing that's ever happened to you and you're ruined her. You've lost your family. You know what, you haven't changed one bit. For a second, I thought Cali was right that you might have. I started to think, maybe you were worth my time. I guess I was wrong," Neal said.

"And yet, you're still here," Mr Gold said.

"For Henry and Naomi and Cali. Not you. As far as I'm concerned, you can stay the hell away from all of us," Neal said and walked off, he stopped and saw Cali, "Coffee?" He offered.

Calista nodded and they walked into the B&B together, Mr Gold watched them.

Calista and Neal walked into her room and Naomi saw her big brother, "Big brother," She ran over and hugged him, "Joining us for breakfast?" She asked

"That's right," Neal said and hugged back.

Calista walked to the window, she looked at Mr Gold who looked up at her. She closed the window and curtains, "I don't know what to do Bae..." Calista said.