Chapter 18 ∞ Story Time

Hailey's POV -

I cry on his shoulder for literally about an hour.

I sob, "James you can't do this! I can't let you go do that, she's a devil, you're gonna do this just for me and Brandon??"

"Hailey.... Please stop crying, I can't see you like this, I'll do anything to get you out of this pain, you can't stop me this time"

"But-..."

He puts his finger on my lips.

"Shhh no more, now let's get up and get this plan working, I'm sure this will work", James smiles and tries to ease me up.

He holds my face and removes the tears with his thumb.

"All I want is you to be happy"

I smile and get up.

I seriously feel like the happiest person in the world to know that there's at least someone that really cares about me and that my happiness matters...

"James thank you for everything... I hope you get a girlfriend soon that you can love for dear life, and I can tell she's gonna be the luckiest girl to have you", I smile.

His smile kind of faded.. But he quickly hid it with a forced smile.

What does that mean? I ask myself confused.

* * *

"James's POV"

Seeing her smile right now makes me feel so good...but I'm gonna help her with Brandon.. Even though I love her but she doesn't know.

"James thank you for everything... I hope you get a girlfriend soon that you can love for dear life, and I can tell she's gonna be the luckiest girl to have you", she smiles.

A pain struck my heart.. Hailey... I don't think I can have another girlfriend while I love you...

"You okay?", she says confused.

I realized that I wasn't smiling anymore so I quickly hid it with a forced smile.

"Yes I'm fine", I give her an assuring smile.

I've decided to date Hilary and make her stay away from both Hailey and Brandon...

The most hard part about this plan is, I have to pretend to hate Hailey..so that Hilary doesn't feel suspicious.

I'm going to do this to make Hailey happy and smile endless with Brandon. Not upset about something she doesn't need to.

And I promise I'm going to leave Hailey right after she starts dating Brandon because I don't want to be a bad cause for both not being together.

I can't see the love of my life I've been loving for a long time with my other best friend.

It's just... Hurtful you know? I've been liking her for long enough but then she likes my best friend instead... Maybe I was late.. Maybe I was late to confess my feelings to her and I still am late.

But Brandon deserves her and I owe him anyway...

You know why I left New York at first place??

There's a big reason for that and I still regret the mistake I've done before.

Before when we were in 8th or 9th grade, we all used to be a group.
Brandon, Hilary, Me, but that time Hailey wasn't really in our group.

Brandon used to actually like Hilary & Hilary actually liked me which I really didn't know.