Chelsea I

My names Chelsea Carter, I'm seventeen years old, I'm a daughter of Hades. I repeat over and over again in my head. I'm in the House of Hades. You're probably wondering why I'm here. Well, during my sophomore year of high school, my teacher turned into a Minotaur. Nico, my best friend at the time, promised me safety. He led me to the House of Hades where he promised I would be safe. Hades was very aware of this situation and welcomed me with open arms. He taught me of these gods, including him, trained me for battle, and helped me with my powers. I've learned shadow travel, speaking with the dead, and mind reading, although I have not mastered that one yet. I get little fragments of what people think. Now, I'm getting ready for the day. My hair is a light brown with red at the end, ombré. I'm wearing a black faux leather jacket with the sweatshirt sleeves on it, a black v neck, black skinny jeans, and all black high top converse. Now, it's time to train with Nico. I pick up my set of daggers and my celestial bronze sword. I put the sword in the sheathe and use my daggers. Nico summons a ghost from the underworld. I run up to the ghost and stab him in the head. "Good, now try this one" Nico says. He summons a zombie with leather armor and a sword. I slash at the zombie but he deflects it. I roll off the block and stab him in the gut. He doesn't give up easily. He tries to stab me but misses. I run up to him a stab him in the heart. He dissolves into dust. Boring, old, dust. "Good work Chelsea" Hades says. "Thank you father" I say. "Let's keep going" Nico says. We practice for what seems like hours but I do not actually know. "Later we practice in your powers okay?" Nico says. "Alright" I say. I walk into my room, which I happen to share it with Nico. I plop down on the bed tired and beating with sweat. I just want to relax. I get headphones and my iPod and listen to music. "Give me a sign, something's buried in the way, give me a sign, just give me a sign" I sing. Listening to Give me a Sign by Breaking Benjamin, of course. Then after a while, I fall asleep.
--------
( time skip)
"Chelsea get up its time for practice" Nico says. I groan. I get up and get myself together. I walk over to the barracks and only see my father, Hades. "Chelsea, my daughter you have excelled in your training. This is the fastest I have seen people master your powers out of all my children. You will be a powerful demigod. Maybe the best out of my children. Although you have many powers you must master before you are Officially ready. Let's get started with your mind reading and slowly advance into your other powers. Show me what you've got" Hades says. I look into his mind. Worry and anger. Dark, dark thoughts I cannot read but feel. Not ready, they're coming, why now is all I hear. "I can only hear little fragments of people's thoughts. I can feel and sense what they are feeling." I say. Nico walks in. "Father we have some guests" Nico says.