Chapter 20

"So you know Addison and I have been hanging out a lot lately," Noah began.

So that was all it was about! For a moment I had thought that I would hear yet another bad thing because of the way he spoke.

"Uh huh," I replied.

Where was he going with this though?

"I sort of like her a lot," he stopped mid sentence. I could sense the nervousness that filled his voice as he spoke. Noah was rubbing his hands together a lot. Though I was no psychology expert, I was certain it was what he did when he was nervous. 
"And?" I asked.

"I want to ask her out," he finally said.

"Goodness gracious!" I exclaimed. They have not even known each other for like two weeks. Moreover, given Noah's past record I was not sure that I would want him to have any more connections with Addison.

As if he read my mind he said, "I know that I didn't really have a girlfriend with whom I was serious. But with Addison the things are different, promise."

"Noah, I know Addison, and I know that once she falls for someone she will fall hard. Are you sure you want to be in a serious relationship?" I was skeptical about it.

"With Addison? Without a doubt," he replied boldly.

"Are you absolutely certain?" I questioned again because I was still dubious.

"Yes Vianna. I know that you don't want Addison's heart to break and that you care about her immensely. I'm serious when I say that things with Addison have been different," Noah added with nothing but confidence.

"If you are sure about that then go for it," I replied with a smile.

"So now that you have agreed, you have to promise that you won't tell anything to Addison and that you'll help me," Noah grinned looking at me.
"I'll tell Thea though," I added.
"As long as Addison doesn't know," he smiled.

"So how are you going to ask her?" I inquired.
"I thought that I would surprise her first by going to her house this weekend and then ask her to be my girlfriend but it turns out that it's not possible," Noah said.

"Now I was thinking that on Monday after school, I will come by and ask her out," he said.
"You just make sure that Addison does not make any other plans just after school. And when I ask her out you will record the whole thing," he added. 

We decided the Noah would be waiting for us outside Addison's home on Monday. I would accompany her saying that I wanted to spend time with Addi. Thus, when we go there she would not suspect and will be surprised altogether. I was certain that Addison would love it even though it was nothing special.

Noah left shortly afterwards. Apparently, he had come to our house to speak with me about that even though he could have used the phone. 

It was around nine at night. I was inside my room and was scrolling through my phone when Jason knocked on the door.
"We have a mathematics lesson right now Austin," Jason said as he opened the door and got inside.

"Now? But just a while back you said that you were not up for tonight," I mentioned.

In the morning Jason told me that he was free tonight and was down to help me out. In the evening he said that he was not feeling good and did not want to proceed with the plan. Then, he was in my room and was stating that we study right now!

"But I'm free now and I suppose that you are too so get your lazy ass to work," Jason said. I was already used to the snide comments and the tone he used to speak with for which it did not surprise me to my core.

"Jason you know you are the one who decided to do this. I did not force you to. If you are pressured by it, then you don't have to go with it," I said with a tinge of annoyance in my voice.

He was willingly helping me out but I could not but help getting piqued by his behavior.

"Did I say I were pressured?" he said with a raised voice.
"Then stop acting like you are," I snapped.

"A little politeness is highly appreciated," I added angrily. Without saying anything else, Jason sat on the chair. With a roll of my eye, I took out my book and put it on the table. On any other occasion, I would not have agreed but I was about to get the help which I desperately needed for which I did not say no to Jason's help.

"I'm sorry," he said out of the blue, which made me stare at him with a perplexed face.

"I shouldn't have spoken so rudely. I'm sorry," he said again and looked at me in the eyes.

"It's okay don't worry about it," I managed to say the only sentence that formed inside my head.

History was being made that day because the Jason Carter whose ego was bigger than the biggest mountain, was saying sorry.

I sat down beside him with my mathematics book when his phone rang. I saw the caller i.d. and it said that it was Avery who was calling.
"Is she always like this?" I asked before I even processed it inside my head.

"She was always annoying but it increased after you came," Jason stated.
"Why does she even think that I'm here to take the heart of the boy who is not even her's," I laughed.

"Probably because you have all the good qualities that she doesn't have," Jason pointed out.

"Thanks," I said because it was surely a compliment. Jason smiled looking at me and did not say anything else.

Just within a minute, Avery called again.
"Why don't you block her?" I inquired.
"There are reasons," he replied not giving anything else.

"She's like a calculator without numbers you know," I said as I looked at the calculator in front of me. I laughed at my own joke while Jason just shook his head.

Jason began to explain the things to me while I listened intently. We had retired just after a little practice but after the only session, with Jason, mathematics somehow began to seem easier than it was. I had absolutely no idea how Jason managed to do that. Nevertheless, I was contended with whatever magic spell he cast because otherwise I would have surely gotten poor grades in that subject. 

________________________

Thank you so much for 1k reads. You all are simply amazing. I can't thank enough. I love you all❤️