Chapter 12

Thursday after school all my friends had come to my place to say goodbye to Reese. From them Addison and Thea were the most melancholic. Reese was in her early twenties when she took me in which meant that she was not much older than us. It was like having a cool elder sister. Starting from the dress that one of us had to choose to the times we needed help for our assignments and homework; Reese was there to our rescue whenever we needed it.

We all entered my house to see Reese taking out the freshly baked chocolate chip cookies that we all loved. The aroma filled the entire room almost instantly. We all gobbled the cookies at one go and it did not take a minute for the whole tray to be empty.

My friends stayed for an hour before all of them went to their homes. Addison was almost in tears when she said her last goodbye to Reese.
"I'll miss you all," Reese called out hearing which all of them shouted that they will miss her too.

For the latter part of the evening and night, both of us were quite busy. It was not an easy job to pack a decade of life and leave. Reese was taking a couple of things with her while I was talking a few with me to Livia's place. Nevertheless, most of the paraphernalia would be stocked inside the house. Reese had bought the house a few years back and she said that she did not want to sell it to another person but instead wanted to keep it.

"This can be you and your friends' hideout," she said chuckling.
"What about the bills?" I asked laughing.
"Don't worry about that," she winked at me.

____________

On Friday I did not go to school and spent the whole day with Reese. It was a hectic day since the morning and with a blink of the eye evening came. The emergence of the evening only meant that Reese had to leave for the airport soon. Livia had told us that she would come to take Reese to the airport. As planned, Livia had come around noon when Reese was doing the last minute check.

"Vianna we better hurry. Keep all the things in the car," Reese shouted from the other room. Livia and I put all of the remaining things inside the car which took about five minutes. I was putting the last box inside Livia's truck when Reese closed the door of the house and locked it.

"Vianna," Reese called me and beckoned me to come towards her.
"I'll  be in the car," Livia added and got inside while I moved towards where Reese was standing.

"This is for you," she said handing me over the keys to her car. It was a Honda Civic, not much of a fancy one but it was still a car. However, it always occurred to me as hers and though she was practically giving me it, I could not wrap my head around the fact that it would be mine from that day forth. 
"I've already transferred the owner to your name, so you can do whatever you want with it. Drive it, sell it, whatever," she said nonchalantly.
"Thanks," I mumbled as Reese smiled. 

The car was still parked in the driveway and I planned on taking it the coming day. Thus, without much delay, we hopped onto Livia's car to go to the airport a couple of minutes ahead of Reese's flight. 

The ride to the airport was probably the most silent and fastest ride I had ever endured. The time flew at the speed of light and Reese's flight was announced a little after we got to the airport. As I looked on the flight information board it said that the plane would be landing in Dubai. That was the only scrape of information that I knew about where she would be going.

"I would be moving from one place to another, but don't worry I would contact you whenever I can okay?" Reese mentioned for the hundredth time. I nodded unable to say a thing. I hugged her one last time and she kissed me goodbye before entering for immigration. I could not even look at her directly because the tears were already scalding my eyes.