Part 2: Post Santana Attack

After everyone has a 2-minute break, they decide to split up for their rooms. Afterwards, they regroup and discuss. In the middle of their discussion about things, the window opens and a figure crawls in. It is Diavola.

She says her men are on the job, inspecting the place. They explain to you that an ancient civilization used to live here, their creations along with species from their time remain preserved, even under the surface. She says you'll have to guard this area for some time.

Then, she looks at Jack Paul. "Didn't you say you were going to buy me a drink?" 

Before Jack Paul can answer, Risotto steps in. "I'll buy you 2 drinks," she says. Jack Paul is shocked at this, "I'll buy you 3" he stutters. "Sure" replies Diavola as she turns around and starts walking. Risotto decides to sleep in a tree while Jack Paul follows her to the tavern. Merielle and Aries catch a gust of what's happening and they follow, getting a table in the tavern as well.

Diavola sits at the counter and challenges Jack Paul to a drinking contest. Long story short he lost, and she puts her jacket on his figure as he lays slumped down on the bar. Diavola joins Aries and Merielle, and chats for a bit before saying goodbye. 

As everyone heads back to their rooms, they see some figures in the darkness move around in the forest. Deciding that they want to follow them, they all stealthily sneak out into the woods, carefully peering out of the bushes. Large humanoid figures are visible, they don't notice you as you watch them steal food from the back of the stable, then shamble into the forest.

Following them, the adventurers see that they climb down the hill beside the waterfall and go into an entrance right beside the falling water. Merielle notices that they've strayed too far from the stable to turn back. Aries starts asking for his money back.

As they approach the cave, they see the faint flickering of candle light. They peak in to see 8 humanoid figures and a map in the wall as well as vines.

Looking more closely, the figures are rocks with plants on them. It seems that the plants are animating the rocks.

All of a sudden, all the rock figures turn around, menacingly. 

=================================================================

Anyhoo....

You guys should check this story out:

https://my.w.tt/xgR5YzlKCbb

As I said, I'm gonna be putting this in every chapter cause I'm coolio, The author is really nice and the story is Very well written IMO. Have a nice day gamers!