Argument Aftermath

I bury my head in my knees as I cry softly. I hear footsteps approaching and then suddenly stop. The door flies open and someone walks over to me, a hand on my back and the other on my leg.

"What happened?"

It's Nat... oh boy, how do I explain this one? I lift my head, wiping the countless tears I've shed away.

"I had... a fight with Bucky..."

"I'll kill him."

She stands and I grab her leg, I know there's a chance she's serious so I should probably stop her.

"No, don't, it wasn't anything bad."

"You're crying in the corner of your room. That means it was bad."

"Nat, I promise. Don't do anything."

She turns and drags me up by my shirt, making me stand. She pulls me into a hug and holds me tightly.

"I'll fucking kill him."

"Don't. We just had an argument, Nat."

She pulls back and stares into my eyes, looking for answers, no doubt. And then she finds them. She frowns and looks over to the side. She looks back at me, grabbing my arm and smiling softly at me.

"So, you and Buck, huh?"

"Stop it."

"I'm serious, that's one hell of a couple."

"Not sure if that's what we are anymore. We pissed each other off, I doubt he's still here, and I'm hiding away in my room."

"He's here, I'll drag him up here to make him see what he did. He hates hurting people."

"Nat, don't. Just leave it be."

"Fine, but if you need your bodyguard," She pulls me down a bit and kisses me on the cheek, "I'm a call away."

I smile as she turns to walk away. I close the door behind her and debate locking it. I decided to get some alone time, I locked the door and placed my earbuds in my ears, blasting some music and mindlessly singing along.

I was born in a thunderstorm

I grew up overnight

I played alone

I played on my own

But I survived

Hey

I wanted everything I never had

Like the love that comes with light

I wore envy and I hated it

But I survived

I had a one-way ticket to a place where all the demons go

Where the wind don't change

And nothing in the ground can ever grow

No hope, just lies

And you're taught to cry into your pillow

But I survived

I'm still breathing, I'm still breathing