20

"(Y/N)... please be with me."

The expression on my face changes to one of pure surprise, hearing those words come from him. My heartbeat races at an unthinkable speed and all I can do is shut my eyes tightly and strengthen my grasp on him. I just want to stay in this moment forever, but I prepare to say something in case that's what he's waiting for.

"I will, of course," I say quietly, and only then do I realize how rigid his positioning is against me. Saying those words, I start to feel his weight fall slowly onto me, and I feel like I'm supporting him.

Still reeling at the unexpectedness of his words, I start to wonder if it took Daichi's and Sugawara's influences to draw it out of him.

"Thank goodness," He sighs quietly in response, and I hear the slight tremble in his voice.

I start to smile, and I'm not sure if he can feel my facial movements next to his neck. At this point, I'm not sure how long our contact has ensued, but I don't care. Only as students start to approach the school grounds do I start to think about breaking contact. I take in one last breath, shutting my eyes tightly as if to lock in this memory.

As I pull away, he looks surprised, and for the first time, I see his face again, intensely red.

"People are starting to come in," I say, scanning the area.

"Oh," he says, taking a slight step back to put some distance between us.

"No, no, it's not that I'm embarrassed or anything! it's just because of my school." I sigh with sadness in my voice as I glance at the building ahead of us. "They just have some rules about dating. It's really weird."

"Oh! Well, that's okay. I guess some schools will have those rules... um, about dating." He laughs shyly, turning his gaze towards the ground.

"Yeah," I say, looking at the same spot as him, to hide the pink on my face. "Maybe I should go inside? A lot of people seem to be going, plus I might meet with Anika before class."