25「christmas one-shot 」

Originally posted on December 25th, 2020

There's a knock at the front door.

From where I stand in my bedroom, my head turns swiftly in the direction of the noise. Checking the time, I start to beam as I rush to put in my other earring.

I look at myself one last time in the mirror, making sure that everything looks fine before I race out of the room with a bag slung over my shoulder and a wrapped gift in my hands.

I set the gift down on the coffee table before opening the door, and as expected, Asahi stands before me with his hands full.

"Merry Christmas, (Y/N)," he smiles, and I grin back.

"Merry Christmas," I respond, and we continue to look at each other momentarily before I gesture for him to come in.

"Is your mom home?" Asahi questions and I shake my head.

"She has a company party tonight. But it's okay, we celebrated this morning until she left an hour ago." I respond as he steps inside.

"Ah, I see," he says, looking down at what's in his hands. Only then do I notice that there are two gifts in his hands, stacked one on top of the other.

"Oh, it's just that I got her a gift too," Asahi adds, and I look up at him in surprise.

"You didn't have to do that," I say.

"No, no, it's okay, I wanted to. I'm just hoping she likes it." He laughs.

"Well, let me help you at least set them down," I say with outstretched hands, taking the gifts from him and setting them down on the coffee table next to the one I got him. I plop down onto the sofa, watching as he finishes removing his shoes.