~Chapter 9~

Scarlett's POV

Lucien's men brought a lot of my stuff and I made myself busy unpacking my things into the closet and the en suite.

By the time I was done I was called down for dinner.I went to the elevator with the maid,Ameliana.She was really sweet and was in her late 30's.We reached the first floor and went into the dining room.There were more than twenty men seated.

I stood there awkwardly until Lucien spoke up.

"Princess sit down,"my eyes snapped to him when he used 'princess'.I nodded and took the seat to the left of him.Everyone looked at me and I shifted in my seat.

"Everyone this is Scarlett.Scarlett these are my men,"I smiled and waved at them.Some greeted me with smiles while others just nodded.

"Introduce yourselves,"Lucien said and they nodded.

"I'm Ace Vendor,you can just call me Ace though,"Ace said and I smiled at him.

"I'm Luca,"a blonde said.

"Greg,"

"Haven,"

"Giovanie,"

"Kade,"

The others too introduced themselves and Ameliana brought in the dishes.It looked delicious and smelled divine.We ate the chicken alfredo and salad she put together.Conversation flowed easily and I laughed at some of the things the men said.

"Dude seriously.I had to jump out of the window because she didn't want me to go out the door because she didn't want her dog to see me,"I laughed again and saw Lucien crack a smile.God,that man was really blessed in the looks.

"It would've been normal but she said she didn't want her dog finding out she was cheating,"Kade paused for suspense."On him,"I threw my head back and let out an unlady like laugh.The table erupted in laughs and I smiled.

By this time I was long forgotten about the whole Hunter cheating thing and just enjoyed my time with these people.

I took in the plates and eating utensils and put them in the dishwasher.Lucien walked in and frowned.

"You know,you don't have to do that,Ameliana and Rose always do the dishes,"he says and I rolled my eyes.

"I want to and it would be rude of me not to,"I continued doing the dishes till everything was done.The whole time Lucien sat by me and we conversed.

"Are youalright?No more thoughts about that Henry guy?"he asked worriedly.I shook my head and I lifted an eyebrow.

"It's Hunter and no.Bastard has done enough and won't have the luxury of being present in my mind,"I shrugged and looked over to the huge fridge.

"So about that ice cream?"I asked and he smiled and pointed to the freezer.I walked to it and pulled out a tub of vanilla and strawberry flavored ice-cream.I grabbed two spoons and he quirked an eyebrow.

"Who's the other spoon for?"he asked and I rolled my eyes.

"You,"I said and walked to the cinema.Yes,a cinema.I planted my rear on the large pull out sofa.

"Why watch a movie and eat ice cream while doing so?"he asked and I rolled my eyes for what felt like the hundredth time today.

"Cause I'm a girl and girls do this when they are in their feelings and feel sad.I'm not sad though,"I explained like I was giving instructions to an eight year old.

He just nodded and opened the tub.I turned on the hundred inch tv and scrolled through netflix.I asked for his opinion on the movies I scrolled through.Those he didn't like he scrunched his eyebrows together and turned his mouth down in a frown.The ones he considered he would nod slowly and tell me to scroll forward.We finally decided on a horror movie to lighten the mood.

It started like a typical horror movie.The main character had to work at a morgue and was surrounded by corpses.She did some stupid things that really agitated me.

"They can just kill her off at this point," I murmured and shoved a spoon full of ice cream into my mouth.I glanced over at Lucien and saw him looking bordly at the screen.

"Are you not enjoying the movie?We can turn it off or watch something else,"I said and he glanced at me before shaking his head.

"I'm just not used to watching such ridiculous films.I do enjoy watching your reactions though,"he smiled and my heart skipped a beat.He's so handsome sometimes I wonder if he's from another planet.

"You're an odd one,"I said and he tilted his head to the side.

"Is that a bad thing?"he asked as he leaned closer to me.His scent was pulling me in.

"Not necessarily,"I breathed out.He was getting way too close and I pulled my face away from his and cleared my throat.

"I think I'm going to head off to bed.This movie is making me too anxious,"I said and stood up.I was about to walk away,when I felt Lucien grasping my wrist.

"I'll accompany you to your bedroom,"he said and I simply nodded, my throat suddenly parched.

"It's alright.I still want to go to the restroom,"I said and he nodded.I walked down the hall to the kitchen and put back the tub of ice cream.

When I lifted up my head I came face-to-face with Rose.I screamed and jumped back.

"Jesus!"I said and slapped my hand over my chest.

"Oh,sorry if I startled you,"she said and placed her hand over her mouth.
"-I thought I saw a rat in here."she feigned innocence.

"Oh you must've been mistaken.Unless you didn't clean the place very well,"I widened my eyes as I spoke and she scoffed.

"Well,if you'll excuse me.I am heading to the restroom,"I said and brushed past her.

"I can show you there.I'm sure you don't know where it is,"she said and I glanced at her over my shoulder.I really didn't know where the restroom was so I needed her help.I wouldn't reach the bathroom in my room in time.

"If you would, please,"she smiled and walked in front of me before leading me down the hall and turning right.

"It's the door on the far left.The door is a bit sturdy so you have to use a little strength,"she said and I nodded.I pushed the door open with force and turned around.

"Thank-"I was pushed inside and landed on the back of my head.I hissed in pain and grabbed my head.The door was slammed shut and I struggled to get up and run to the door.

I pulled on the handle but it didn't budge.She locked me in.I should've known better than to follow someone like her.I searched for a switched and turned on the light.

I gasped at the sight in front of me and fell to the floor.There was a blood stained mattress on the wooden floor and a table with a rope on it and a bloody knife.

I scanned the room and saw a bucket filled with urine and another table that had weapons on it.My head began spinning as my breathing turned erratic and I collapsed to the floor.