~Chapter 20~

Scarlett's POV

"I'm sorry Jada, but you have to leave,"I said and stood up abruptly.

"Why?"she looked offended now and I felt kind of bad.But if it really was Vincent then I couldn't allow Jada near Lucien's house.Heid
have a route inside.

"Lucien will be home soon and he doesn't know you and doesn't like strangers in his house,"I said and tried very hard to sound honest.Jada knew me so well that I had to lie spot on.

"I'm sure he won't mind,"she waved me off and I scrub my hand over my face.

"He's Lucien De Luca,Jada.You know about him,"I trailed off and she glared at me.She stood up off the couch and heads over to the door where Gabriel,one of  Lucien's security stood.

"Just be careful,Scarlett,"she slammed the door shut and I ran to the elevator to go to our floor.I rushed into my room and took out my phone.If Jada knew where Lucien's house was surely she was involved with Vincent.

I dialled his number and it rang multiple times.I called him a total of five times before he finally picked up.

"Scarlett?"he sounded as cold as he did when I ran into him in the kitchenand I rolled my eyes.I didn't  have time for this shit.

"Listen I wouldn't have called you if this wasn't important,"I rushed out and hear him sigh.The fact that he sounded bothered by me calling him didn't go unnoticed and I almost hung up.

"What is it?"I grit my teeth when he almost sounds bored.

"It's about Vincent,"I said and wish I could decipher how his face looked now."My best friend,Jada came over today.I didn't give her your address and when I asked her about it she shrugged me off.She mentioned she met a guy named Vincent at a bar.I kicked her out as soon as possible,"I told him in one breath.As much as I loved Jada,we were never as close and our friendship only bloomed a year ago.

"Then we get rid of her as soon as possible,"his voice sounded through my phone and my eyes widened.He sounded so nonchalant about it and I clenched my teeth.I wished I could yell at his face right then.

"No,no Lucien.She is still like my sister you can't do that,"I stressed out and shut my eyes tightly.Lucien is ruthless and I couldn't imagine him doing anything to Jada.Maybe I could  just talk to her."I'm not even sure if the Vincent she was talking about is Vincent,"I say trying to get the idea of him murdering Jada out of my mind.

"She is a threat and he can use her to get to you and my estate.How do you expect me to react when I'm not there to protect you and you could possibly be murdered because of me? "he said and I grit my teeth in anger.

"Make your mind up Lucien your hot then your cold.I can't freaking take it,"I almost screamee and I heard his breathing escalate.

"Know who you are talking to,Scarlett,"I glared at the phone and hang up.After all this and he's still a rude son of a bitch that has no respect.

I can't deal with him right now.

I strip and took a hot shower which somewhat eased my tense body.I get dressed in leggings and a black hoodie and combat boots since it's really cold in New York right now.

I planned to take Pluto out for a walk and go to a café.

I got the leash I had in my drawer and put it around him.His thick fur did not allow the cold to get to him so I don't have to worry about him getting frostbite and dying.

I put on a beanie and scarf and my long coat.I saw Giovanie watching me when I exit the elevator and put the leash around Pluto's neck.

"Where are you going?"he asks and stands up straighter.

"Going to walk my dog.Will probably drop by a near café,"I said and walked to the front door.

"Wait here.I'm just getting my coat,"I just nod.I don't like the idea of having a bodyguard or anything but I know it's for safety reasons but it all feels so suffocating.

He emerged from the corner since his room was on this floor.He had a coat in his hand and tried to pull a beanie over his head.I laughed when he doesn't get it on and he glared at me.I pulled the beanie off and stretch it.I then put it on his head and it goes on easily.I pet his head and we go to the front door.This guy is like my brother.

With Giovanie in tow I head out the front door and into the cold.I literally feel the hot chocolate calling my name.