The Dance (100 Things to Do Before High School x Julie and The Phantoms)

A/N Hello! I thought I didn't have a story planned out for today but it turns out I just forgot I planned this one. This was requested by PeytonMB  This will probably be bad because I couldn't think of a lot that wasn't too repetitive compared to the other one. I don't remember when I planned this so I hope it makes sense. I really should get better at posting seeing as it's almost been two weeks and I started writing this like 3 days ago and then stopped, but I'm back. I can't think of anything to write here so... FORWARD!
•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•
Backstory: it hasn't been 25 years since they died. They can become visible without music. Crispo kind of just went missing in middle school and he never came back. They still have their stamps. After some time of Cripso missing, he was announced dead. Takes place during Stand Tall but without the Orpheum.
•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•

There was a dance at Putatuck High School. CJ Martin and Fenwick Frazier already planned on going together because they both knew they wouldn't get dates. They both wished their old friend would join them, but he was gone. No one knew where he went or if he's alive. They just know he's gone.

The two went through their week as usual. The dance was on Friday and people were getting excited. The morning announcements were playing on Thursday. "Good morning Putatuck High School. We have a few announcements for today. Robotics is canceled for the day with the teacher being out. People are reminded that they should be cleaning their lunch table when they leave. Finally, I have just been informed we will have a band for the dance tomorrow night. Which band? That is a surprise. Have a good day."

People across the school were whispering to their friends about which band it would be. Some thought it would be a cheap band that only plays songs for old people, while others thought it would be a student band. People wouldn't stop talking about it.

The dance approached and people were having a blast. There were food and drinks and people dancing with each other. CJ and Fenwick were talking by the punch. They watched thinking about how much fun Crispo would've had here. Mr.Roberts walked up on the stage.

"Attention students I am happy to announce that the band is about to come on so please every welcome JULIE AND THE PHANTOMS" People started clapping and cheering, though only a few had actually eard the name before.

When only Julie walked on stage, people were confused. I mean, you can't have a band with only one person. She walked to the keyboard and the mic set up. She was shaking slightly.

She cleared her throat, "Hello Putatuck! I hope you are all having an amazing night. I am Julie of Julie and The Phantoms. You probably haven't heard of us but we have a viral video so some of you might. Anyways let's get this started." She looked to Flynn at the side and gave her a small smile. Flynn gave her a thumbs up.

She started singing stand tall. She got to the part where the boys were supposed to appear, but they didn't. That's when she realized they wouldn't come. She kept singing and smiling to keep herself from crying.

A few second later though, Alex appeared. The crowd went crazy. They didn't get a good look at him but they could tell basic features. He was blonde and had a messed up white suit. Next was a man with black hair and a red vest with black sleeves. He played bass. Julie smiled at the two and sang with a new power. CJ and Fenwick thought the drummer looked familiar but didn't think much of it. Luke was next. He was flashing in and out of peoples' view. The three on stage all looked at eachother while watching him. After a few tries, he fully appeared. They played through the rest of the song and sang the final note together at the front of the stage.

When Alex walked forward, the two friends that had may their way further forward through the show, got a better look at him. He looked like an older version of Crispo. It had to be him. Why was he here and not in the school with them?

The boys dissappeared and people gasped in shock. Julie looked across everyone and started speaking.
"Those my friends, were holograms. The blond drummer is Alex, the black haired bassist is Reggie, and the brunette guitarest is Luke. You guys can talk to them if you want." She smiled.

The three boys in question became visible to everyone again. They were in slightly different places. Some people thought they recognized Alex as the boy who went missing but didn't want to bring it up. Mr.Roberts walked forward towards Alex, though Alex didn't realize he was walking towards him.
"Mr.Powers,"

Everyone saw the way Alex's shoulders tensed as he turned around with a tight smile. "I'm sorry I- I think you have the wrong person," He spoke high pitched with an awkward laugh afterwords.

CJ and Fenwick walked towards him now. Alex looks over and his eyes turned into saucers. In sync, the twi reach out to Alex, but their hands go through him.
"Can't touch a hologram," He says almost looking relieved.

Everyone was just watching because they have all heard about the boy that disappeared. You could hear a pin drop but that was interrupted by the three holograms yelling out in pain. They had seen a flash of purple and then the boys were all hunched over holding their stomachs.

"GUYS! Are you okay?!" Julie calls out to them.
"We're good," Luke reassures slightly coughing.

"What was that?" Fenwick asks scared.
Julie looks at the three boys wide eyed and then back to Fenwick, "Uhhhhh, it was just a glitch nothing to worry about,"

No one bought it.

"Julie no one believed that and I wouldn't either. I'll give a brief explanation as long as no one calls us crazy," Alex said.

"Basically some guy wants to take control of us and what you saw is a thing he did to us that can kill us and will if we don't let him control us or solve a problem so he can't reach us. Also! Yes I am Crispo and no I'm not explaining myself. Band, this is the town I went to middle school in and these are my friends."

An excited scream broke through the crowd. A girl wearing the most expensive dress walked up stage, Mindy. Fenwick and CJ laughed at the slightly terrified look that appeared on Alex's face. The people from the band didn't knwo who it was.

"Crispo, since you're back we can finally live out the dream of being the power couple of the school," She basically yelled. At this, the two other ghosts and lead singer bursted out laughing. Alex just kind of stared at her stuttering out a response.

A man with flowing black hair and a skater boy look appeared on the stage. Alex's face lit up.
"Mindy sorry but I'd like you to meet my boyfriend Willie," Willie does a silly bow causing Alex to chuckle.

Alex grabs his hand and Willie sobers up. "Oh yeah I came here to tell you we gotta go. Caleb tracked you guys here so we should leave before he gets here." And with that the four poofed out. People just looked at Julie. She looked across the crowd, and motioned Flynn to come out of the place she has been watching the whole thing go down from.

"3,2,1" She says and they both book it out the door.

•~~~~~~~~~~~~•
Heyyyyyyy. I don't know how to feel about this. I feel like my writing style changed in the middle of it. The next chapter probably will either be short or not good ot both because I couldn't come up with a very good idea for the request. As always I you can comment your requests, or critiques or really anything. I shall see y'all later Take it easy guys, gals, and non binary pals PEACE OUT!