Fifty one

Can't Pretend - Tom Odell

Imagine living in a cloud.

A cloud filled with colors of lightning, the thunder feeling like a pounding hammer against the skull but in the faintest taps from the inside.

It's like it's coiling into a twist, leaving Jimin to just feel like he's high but he's not. It's the fogged memories that makes it feel this way and how his body is drained of any drugs that has him itching for more.

No, he doesn't want to dive into it's thick waters and be driven into the temptation. He has to get better for the sake of Joshua, and that means he has to fight against any odds that will only push him to loosen his grip of reality.

That's why he decided to come to the penthouse, feeling grateful for Yeosang on suggesting it. There he won't be near any drugs, any gun unless Yeosang is hiding a stash somewhere, and he will be able to focus on himself much more clearer to decide on his decisions .

He already started to feel that way when he entered the familiar suite, everything exactly the same way he left it. Good thing Jimin decided to clean up before he went to the gym that day because everything is still spotless and organized here.

He didn't really take in the sight of everything in his surroundings, he just quietly goes to the wall window and looks outside with an expressionless gaze.

He didn't know what Yeosang was doing in the background but he does hear movements, probably checking if there's not any ticking bomb left here or guns in sight, maybe throwing away any medication that would tempt Jimin if he sees it.

Five minutes before New Years.

It didn't take long before Yeosang found his way beside him, two glasses filled with wine in hand as he looks out to the same city that Jimin is staring at.

Jimin didn't say anything, not wanting to take it, but for some reason he finds himself taking it after letting it sink in that it's Yeosang and not a random stranger giving him alcohol.

He wouldn't trying to drug him.

"Just for tonight," He says, holding up the glass towards him, "Just one glass."

Jimin moves his eyes down to the glass, letting out a heavy breathe to the tempting drink before glancing to Yeosang and raises his glass to him. Wordlessly they tap their glasses together before sipping it down, going back to watching the view.

Truth is, Jimin doesn't know why he's not speaking.

Or behaving this way with him.

Maybe he's just afraid of what Yeosang may think of him now that he's like this. He doesn't want Yeosang to think of him like how he thinks of himself right now, so maybe that's why he refuses to dive into a heart to heart conversation about his emotions.

Or just try to piss him off.

Jimin has been a handful for his life since they've met. He's always the one taking care of him and saving his ass when he couldn't follow simple instructions. He created a mess out of their computer room and couldn't shut up when his parents arrived, even if that was out of his control.

Now everyone are like hawks on him, making sure he doesn't fuck up again like some stupid cycle.

And it sucks that they have to do that.