Chapter 5: The Talk

Reeva's POV:
I stood in the observatory as Sage starts the training simulation. Rebecca starts twisting the obstacles to either face a different direction or make a hole in a wall. Rebecca makes it to the end and pushes the end button. "Andy your next." I spoke over the PA and Sage pushes a few buttons causing the walls to regenerate. Andy begins using his powers to knock over the walls or completely demolish them. Andy makes it to the end and Clarice slowly walks forward nervous. Sage regenerates the walls and I tell her to start. Clarice makes a portal directly next to the button and pushes it. I sigh deeply, she clearly wants to finish quickly, nevertheless I tell her to do the course again without making a portal directly to the end. Clarice goes back to the beginning and makes portals on the walls which went directly to the other side of the wall until she gets to the end. I look over a Lorna who is in shock for some bizarre reason. "That's all for today, Clarice I'd like to talk to you."
Clarice's POV:
I leave the training room and want to go back to my room, if that's what you call it, just so I wouldn't have to face Reeva, but remembered I could take note of the interior so I could portal out later. I make my way up to the observation booth and take all the monitors off me on my way up. I enter and stand there for a few seconds until Reeva turns around, "Clarice, I want to ask some questions." I stare at her, a bit nervous waiting for a question, "How old are you?" I realize she's trying to get to know me better and I can't lie, "I-I'm 16.." I stutter, "Your mutation, when did it manifest?" I hesitate thinking back to that painful memory, "I was playing with my Mo- Margaret," I pause almost calling that women my mother, but continue, "and accidentally made a portal which closed as soon as it opened, but..." I trail off and look up at Reeva looking a tad annoyed so I continued, "A ball entered the portal and when it closed only half of the ball came out." I say very quietly, almost in a mumble, "As for my markings, eyes, and ears they just started changing/ appearing." Reeva looked pleased with my answers. "Besides the underground what mutant organization were you apart of?" I freeze I can't tell her I was apart of the Brotherhood, if I did would she use it against me? I was having an inner conflict, I can't lie, "T-The Br-Brotherhood." I manage to get out between my stutters. Everyone, except Lorna and The Triplets, are surprised I feel the tension in the room and want to leave. "Thank you, that will be all, and their is no need to go back to your room. There is breakfast in the dining area." Lorna grabs my arm gently and leads me away. "When did you learn to do that?" I look at Lorna, "Do what?" I ask confused, "Making a portal to see the other side of wall." Oh I forgot she didn't know about that, "During my time at the Morlock's." Lorna and I arrive in the dining area where breakfast was. I grab some Waffles and Eggs hesitantly and sit down across from Andy and Rebecca, while Lorna sits next to me with her own plate of food. Rebecca and Andy were talking very flirtatiously until Rebecca notices me sitting, across from her. Rebecca's demeanor changing instantly, "Hey new girl," I look up at Rebecca, "What do you do anyway? What's your powers?" I looked at her, she clearly didn't like me for some reason, but I respond, "I-I make P-Portals." I answer and continue eating my breakfast, "And the while Lorna gave Rebecca the death stare. Rebecca twisted something near me, and watch interested.  I finish my breakfast, "Um, where do we put the plates?" I ask, Lorna points to a cabinet , "Put them on the cabinet over there. The chef will pick it up later and clean it." I get up and put it on the cabinet, but on my way back Rebecca uses her powers to turn me back to the cabinet, but after she did that I lost my balance and fell on to the floor feeling like I was going to vomit. Lorna rushes over and checks on me. Lorna helps me up until Rebecca did it again and turns us around once more, causing me to feel worse. I almost fall onto Lorna, and my head was pounding I couldn't see straight. "Enough, Rebecca your powers are affecting her!" I hear Lorna yell, it sounds muffled to me. Lorna helps me into my "room" and Lorna helped me lay down on the bed in there. I hear Lorna say something but I can't make it out. I just close my eyes and eventually fell asleep.
Lorna's POV:
After Clarice falls asleep I leave the room and go back to the main area. Rebecca and Andy were gone but now the Triplets and Reeva were there, "Where's Clarice?" Reeva asks, "Asleep, she just collapsed after Rebecca used her powers to turn her different directions." I respond rudely, Reeva ponders this for a second, "Interesting. I'll have to ask her about that." I shut her down immediately," I'll do it. Clarice trusts me more than any of you." Reeva turns to me, "Fine, now I need to speak to the Triplets, alone." I look at her skeptical and gave Esme a look of 'Tell me what was said', "I'm going back to Clarice's room to watch her." I swiftly leave.
Reeva's POV:
I turn to the Triplets, "Tomorrow we are going to read and search her mind for useful information, and learn her history." Phoebe and Sophie nod, however Esme shook her head, "That would make her lose trust in us!" I glare at her in disbelief, "Then we do it tonight, and you three," I point at each of them, "You will mentally sedate her before you do anything." I walk away leaving them alone.