Chapter 3: Failure and Success

Jace Turner's POV:
Benedict Ryan, told us to attack this base, Clarice Fong residing there. I told him I want to go ahead and interrogate her, but he said that he has a partner who wants Fong specifically. I am frustrated to say the least, but I am apart of the raid which I was content with. We arrive at the location and enter the hidden entrance and shoot our tranquilizers at various mutants before a mutant puts a force field up deflecting our darts, some hitting our own troops. I start barking orders, "Take cover!" All of the Purifiers are now hiding behind various poles and walls. I see a flash of purple and pink. "They're escaping!!" We open fire with real guns some bullets breaking through the force field. The mutant producing the force field steps back crossing over to the other side of the portal dropping the force field a few moments before the portal closes. "Dammit."
Clarice's POV:
That was close. I had opened a portal into a warehouse. I pull out my burner phone and call John, "Hey, can you meet me at the Morlock's warehouse? The Purifiers attempted a raid. I don't know what they wanted." It stays silent on the other end for a while, until Erg comes over to me and asks me to put it on speaker. I do as he requests and he speaks, "John, I think Clarice should go and stay with you. Until, we are positive it's safe." John voices his agreement and tells us he was on his way. He hangs up and I look at Erg, "Are you sure your ok without me being here? How are you going to get everyone back to the base?" Erg puts his hands on my shoulders, "We will manage. My concern is your safety." John comes through the doors, that was fast, "We need to go Reeva is here," I tense. I walk very close to John trying to hide myself beside him, but I can feel Reeva staring at me. I get in the car putting my head against the back of the seat. John suddenly dissipates and Fade shows up in the drivers seat, "Suprise." The Frost Triplets get in the car as well as Reeva, The triplets sit behind her Reeva getting the passengers seat leaving me in the middle of the car. The car window's turns black and the Frost Triplets look at me, Reeva turning to look at me, "I really don't want or like violence, but I will do what is necessary to win this war. Now put this on." She throws a bag at me? I look up at her confused until she makes a gesture demonstrating she wants me to put it on my head. I reluctantly put it on and feel the car stop. Someone grabs my arm and guides me into an elevator. They take the bag off and I'm met with Lorna looking at me in shock. I look at her, silently pleading. Reeva roughly grabs my arm and guides me to a bedroom. "Get comfortable. You'll be here for a while." Reeva leaves locking the door swiftly, the windows are blacked out and there are security cameras. I sit on the bed, suddenly exhausted. I finally decide to lay down and rest. I put my head on the pillow and looking at the ceiling for a while.  I fall asleep too tired to fight it.
Reeva's POV:
I watched as she battled the triplets telepathy, but after a while she lost. Once the triplets eyes stopped glowing. Esme spoke up, "How do you expect for her to cooperate?" I looked at her, "I have my ways."