XXXVII: part 1

A/N: This chapter is broken up into two parts

TW

-In unison, they exclaimed the haunting words that none of them ever wanted to hear, "Maria and the girls now have leverage! They now know where this place is!"-

Brooklyn's pov:

"What do you mean by that," Will questioned, "Can someone please explain what's going on?"

Luca added, "Exactly, there's so many people here at once, it's... it's very weird."

"Tae-Hwaun," Rafael uttered as he turned towards him, "Can you-"

"T-Tae-Hwaun," Camden exclaimed, outraged, "You're Tae-Hwaun?!"

He nodded while Avalon, slowly, made her way towards him, "How... How could you leave U-Jin? He... he was crushed after you left.. he thought he had no one anymore..."

Then, she turned towards Betsy and James, "And you two... you left Camden and I even though you knew we had problems as well! W-why did you guys do it??"

"W-well-"

"No," as Betsy tried to reply, Camden cut her off. He grabbed Avalon's arm and pulled her back towards him. To continue, he scoffed, "We don't want to hear anything you have to say. It's clearly obvious you guys planned on leaving us. I mean, how else would you all be here, at the same time."

"Y'all probably created this elaborate plan to make us feel alone and... and scared."

As James opened his mouth, Camden raised his hand, "Save it. Just keep your puny excuses to yourself and fuck off, we don't want to hear it."

After that, everyone in the room became quiet as awkward tension filled the room. As I looked at Avalon, she turned away from Betsy, not wanting to see her anymore. When I looked at Betsy, she looked down, as if she had tears ready to pour out of her eyes.

When my gaze shifted over to Tae-Hwaun, he was chewing on his lip, anxiously. He, also, had guilt written all over his face, it made wonder if-

"Now wait just a minute," James suddenly growled, as he stepped forward, "Don't talk to her like that and certainly, don't talk to your elders like that. One of your elders being your brother who looked out for you when-"

Before he could finish, Camden bursted out laughing, interrupting James. James rolled his eyes while Camden whispered with anger lacing through his voice, "Who are you to say you looked out for me? You looked out for me when I was like 7 or 8. I'm fucking 17 now! Where were you for 9 to 10 years?!"

"Camden-"

Bang!~, crash!~

Catching me as well as, everyone, off guard, our eyes shot over to a broken glass, across the room.

"Can we all put this aside," Rafael roared, making everyone turn towards him, to see a gun in his hand. From there, it was evident he shot the glass out of anger, "We have a worse situation at hand and y'all are arguing over siblings leaving you, really?!"

"What kind of stupid idiots are you?! Cut it out and get focused!"

At once, everyone replied, "Yes sir.."

"Finally," he cleared his throat, "Now then, Tae-Hwaun, can you please explain the plan you worked out with Brooklyn and Hailey?"

He agreed then began, "It started yesterday when Maria came over to me and asked me if I would talk to her and the rest of the girls after school today. It was pretty obvious that they had something planned since she came over to me after I, red-handedly, caught them on my computer, hacking."