invisible string

hey everyone! i cannot express how happy i am that you guys are enjoying this story! sorry for the late update!

"you can't walk all the way home jade!!" beck yelled out the window, starting the engine up.

"i do what i want." she murmured just loud enough for him to hear.

"yup only what's good for jade. that's right walk away, always doing what's best for you." he rolled his eyes.

"oh so you think i'm ugly?!" she screamed at him as he raised his eyebrows at her.

"ya know that's it- we're. done." she stated staring into his eyes.

"we're what?!" he replied shaking his head.

"we're DONE beck! i don't wanna do this with you anymore! i'll figure out what i want to do with this baby by MYSELF. i don't need yours or anyone else's help." she huffed at him as he just stared at her.

"YA SURE. good luck with that jade. you couldn't even choose between me or cat good luck making a decision that will change your life forever!" he screamed at her leaning farther out the car window.

"you're right i couldn't chose between you and cat! oh wait i just did. i chose cat." she laughed at him slightly putting her hands on her hips.

"CAT DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE!" he yelled.

"SHE KNOWS ME MORE THAN YOU EVER WILL!" jade shot back.

and with that he stepped on the gas driving away, leaving jade stranded.

"FUCK YOU!" she screamed at the moving car as he drove away. doubtful that he heard her, she slumped her shoulders in defeat.

furious, she stormed into the hospital again. trying to avoid her friends she snuck to the front desk.

"hi yes is it possible that i could see a doctor? like right now?" she asked trying hard to keep a smile on her face.

two minutes later she sat in a room, a white hospital gown on as a doctor walked in.

"hi are you jade?" he asked smiling up at her.

"yes." she responded not making eye contact.

"and it says here you're pregnant?" he asked flipping through a clipboard of papers.

"obviously." she replied unable to keep her sass concealed.

"ok we're just gonna do some checks, make sure the baby is alright, healthy, all that jazz." he smiled at her.

"great" she replied sarcastically, slightly rolling her eyes. she couldn't help it.

a few minutes later the doctor walked back in, his head low, avoiding her eye contact.

"wow you look thrilled" jade quipped. internally her heart felt slightly wrenched. it seemed like doctors never walked in looking sad with good news. but humor was the only way she knew how to deal with it.

"so ms west. it seems as though there have been some complications" he said softly, trying to keep her calm.

"just tell me." she sighed rolling her eyes.

"the baby has stopped developing and growing." he said flatly.

"what so it's gonna be short?" she asked furrowing her eyebrows.

"....n- no. the baby's heart has stopped beating and- they didn't make it" he replied looking at the floor.

"what?! aren't i supposed to bleed?" she asked standing up aggressively.

"well yes. this is what we call a silent miscarriage. it only happens about 2% of the time when miscarriages happen. you don't feel a thing but the baby... has died." he answered.

she sat back down in disbelief. shaking her head in her hands, not letting herself cry. why did she even want to cry? she didn't want this baby. the only thing it brought her was stress and pain. then why did it hurt so bad? why did it feel like a million tiny needles hitting her all over her body. her shaky breaths were interrupted by the doctor,

"it's going to be ok. we suggest you call the father and-"

"i'm not calling him." she cut him off. he nodded in agreement and left her alone.

"why does it hurt so fucking bad?" she whispered quietly to herself. crumpling into a ball. but not a single tear fell. because she wasn't supposed to cry. it was supposed to feel like a weight lifted off her should. but why did it feel like someone dropped the weight of the world on her?

*cries in bade*