Chapter 29

A/N: I feel like I've put these up a lot but I did want to let you guys know the is going to be a little bit of a controversial section in this, all research based (I like to research, ok? 😂) but if you don't agree that is fine. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion and I hope you are all as open to others having their own opinions as well. I will never bash anyone on their opinions and so on. So if you don't agree, that is completely ok! We are our own people and please be understanding of that. Also put up warning before it starts so you can skip past if you don't want to read it! Also some exciting things, I made a Tiktok for my video edits 🤪 so if you wanna go follow it's @onebonesanatomy

Meredith sat up from her position. She had enough of pregnancy, she couldn't even sit up in bed anymore. She was in the home stretch at 37 weeks. She definitely felt in it every way. Her belly was twice the size of either of her pregnancies which was expected but she didn't know how much more her body could stretch. She felt in every part of her body, the lack of sleep, the swollen ankles, her face filled out so much and she just felt exhausted. She looked over at Derek sleeping peacefully and she felt angry. Her hormones were angry, she wished she could sleep. She went on maternity leave last week because she couldn't walk for long before her feet turned into balloons. She looked around the dark room, cluttered was an understatement.

They had bought a dresser and a changing table that replaced a chair she had in the corner. Two bassinets were set up next to her side of the bed and baby clothes filled each of them. She needed to organize them, wash them, and put them away.

"Derek," she whispered as she shook him.

"Hmm?" He looked up at her. His tired eyes still shined bright.

"You alarm is about to go off," she whispered.

"Did you get any sleep?" He mumbled.

"No. I think your children are just preparing me for months of this," she huffed.

"Mhm, I'm sorry," he yawned, still laying down. He put his hand on her stomach and rubbed lightly.

"Are you taking CJ with you today?" She asked. He had taken him a few days to daycare just because it was so hard for her to move around and chase after him. The girls were out for summer break but they mainly occupied theirselves.

"I will if you want," he said as he sat up.

"Ok, thank you," she puckered her lips at him, he leaned over and placed a kiss on hers before he got out of bed.

"Any contractions?" Asked as he stumbled over the clutter.

"Nothing painful, just every now and then," she followed him to the bathroom in a waddle.

"They will come when they are ready," he smiled at her as he turned the water on in the shower.

"I know," she yawned. She was exhausted, she felt a warm trickle down her leg.

"What?" He noticed the shocked look on her face.

"I hate pregnancy," she huffed as quickly slid down her pants. She had a trickling down her leg.

"Did you just pee on yourself?" He chuckled as he was stepping into the shower.

"It's the water. I officially have had it with pregnancy, I heard the water and I couldn't stop it," she felt her cheeks turn red. She was utterly embarrassed. She had always kept some sort of bladder control but this pregnancy was completely different in every aspect.

"It happens," he shook his head with a laugh as he began to wash his hair.

"Derek, it's not stopping," she couldn't help but chuckle nervously. It was trickling out of her at a steady pace before it was like a pipe busted and a large gush came out.