Chapter 35

Four months later...

Meredith looked out the window before she looked back in the mirror once more. Her honey colored hair was curled in loose curls and the front pulled back and pinned to her scalp. Her ivory dress was simple, just simple straps with satin all the way down to cover her feet. It was tight around her chest and waist and flowed out just a bit from the hips down. She didn't want a huge, fancy, extravagant dress, just something that flattered her curves. She was alone in her bedroom as she looked back and forth. She could see the whole wedding set up on the cliff that overlooked the water from the distance. It was her favorite view on the whole property so it was only fitting they decided to get married there.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the door opening and a tiny girl with brown curls fixed on the top of her head was accompanied by her other two daughters. All three girls had matching lavender colored dresses, Scarlett's blonde hair had been curled and pinned with flowers while Zoe's hair was also curled but she had a white flowered headband across her head.

"My favorite girls," Meredith smiled big as she lifted Elliana into her arms and place a kiss on her cheek.

"Mama you look so pretty!" Scarlett admired her mother.

"Yeah mama, you could be a princess if you had a crown and a bigger dress," Zoe giggled.

"Thank you girls, have you seen your aunt Amelia?"

"No, but we will go find her!" The girls were quick to race out, with Elliana toddling behind her.

"You got your hands full," a voice came from the door. Meredith was shocked when she seen the person standing there.

"Cristina!" Meredith began to tear up as she saw her person there. She had no idea Cristina was coming, they hadn't spoke much at all.

"I couldn't miss my person getting married, again!" Cristina smiled as she went over and hugged Meredith. Cristina wasn't a hugger, she didn't hug at all. Meredith could count the times she and Cristina had showed physical affection and it wasn't a lot.

"How did you?" Meredith asked as she was interrupted.

"Guilty," Lexie spoke from the door.

"Lex!" Meredith gasped.

"I can keep a secret thank you," Lexie laughed.

"Plus who's a bride without a maid of honor?" Cristina held out the dress Lexie had shipped to her.

"We were just not going to have one," Meredith had tears filling her eyes. This was the best surprise she could have hoped for.

"I couldn't miss this Mer. I mean you are about to marry McDreamy," Cristina laughed.

"Thank you Lex. You need to get ready!" Meredith said as she hurried her friend along with getting ready. The ceremony was about to start, nervous was an understatement. She felt her stomach do flips but she was excited to marry him.

"Ok, we ready?" Amelia huffed, she was extremely pregnant, she could give birth any day now.

"Yep," Meredith breathed deeply, smiling at the three women who surrounded her. They walked down the stairs where Mark and Owen stood with the children.

"Why don't you boys look handsome," Meredith smiled as she leaned down and kissed both of her sons.

"You looks stunning Mer," Mark commented.

"Thanks Markie," she smiled.

"Alright, let's get this show on the road," Lexie smiled. Meredith peaked out the window to see everyone she loved and who always supported her, missing a few faces. Richard was sitting in the front row, the smile on his face was uncanny. He was sitting next to Adele, she had gotten progressively worse and probably didn't know where she was now. They all walked out of the house to the giant bushes that they were going to be walking around. First went Cristina and Mark, being the best man and Maid of Honor. Owen and Amelia walked out together as the music was playing, Meredith was nervous.