I Better Not Be Dreaming

Chapter 19: I Better Not Be Dreaming

Blaire

I never thought I would ever see the day. And that day has come. However strange it seems, I'm willing to adapt to this astounding change. I actually think, I might be crying!

They just....... they grow up so fast!

This is priceless! I wish I had my camera!

"Would you shut up and help me?" Rhyden growled.

"C-can't.... Too busy..... T-t-trying to b-breathe!" I gasped out between my bows of laughter. I rolled on the floor, tears running down my face and fogging up my glasses. Rhyden grumbled something to himself, but I couldn't hear what he was saying over my laughter.

"I really don't get what's so funny about this picture."

This started another round of laughter to burst from my mouth and was paired with knee slapping. "D-don't get what's funny! HAHAHAHA!"

He rolled his eyes and continued scrubbing. Yes. Ladies and gentleman RHYDEN is washing the floor. You know.... as in cleaning. RHYDEN CLEANING!

Getting and idea, I said to him, "Wait! Don't go anywhere! I've got just the thing!"

"Oh no. Where would I go? Its not like I live here or anything," He spoke sarcastically. Lifting his head from the floor, he watched as I raced towards the cupboard. During my snooping earlier on, I found some proof that they do in fact, have maids.

Which is strange because there's a cleaning crisis in the kitchen and there is no one in sight. But I don't really mind, them not being here has given me the greatest gift of all. Seeing my school bully getting his precious hands dirty for once.

I cracked a smile as soon as I found what I was looking for. I snatched it off the shelf and sprinted back to Rhyden in full excitement. Rhyden's head poked around the side of the counter to watch me. So..... basically he caught everything that happened.

The corner of the fluffy white carpet had folded up, too late for me to take notice in my haste, I tripped head first. Landing on my belly, I slid like a penguin across the floor. The momentum from running propelling me forwards, until I passed a watching Rhyden (FYI He didn't even bother stopping me. The douche bag), nope. Instead, he watched me sail into the kitchen cupboard opposite and crash inot the shelves.

All was silent.

I groaned my pain. As if the heavens heard, to add to my embarrassment, a bucket fell from the top and onto my head.

"Ah, good. I see you've managed to find yourself some cleaning supplies. Now help." Rhyden ordered from across the room.

Peeking out from under the bucket, I looked at him. An amused smirk was plastered to his face. Well, at least someone was enjoying himself. Ripping the bucket off my head, I stood up and walked over to the sink. I watched warily, as the ice cold water ran from the tap and into the bucket, I stopped when it was halfway full.

I don't like the water very much. It scares me. Considering my element though for fire, I think that's understandable. A memory I shall never forget swam in front of my eyes.

'Help.... somebody help me! Its too cold!'

I shivered. I will never forget the feeling of my powers being drained away to almost nothing. Drowning me in its forever cold embrace. When I was eleven, my parents and I went on a holiday to Canada. It was the first time I had seen snow, or touched it.