Chapter 23

(Can y'all tell that I ship Ushijima and Tendou? 😌🖐 ANYWAYS....SMUT? MAYBE? RIGHT NOW IN THIS CHAPTER?? IM STILL DEBATING IT AS IM WRITING SO IF IT DOES HAPPEN IT WILL BE AT THE END, ILL WRITE A NOTE WHEN IT STARTS SO YOU CAN SKIP IT IM SORRY)

It's been a week since we got back from California. The night Ushijima proposed, we made out in the park for like an hour before going home. Ushijima had excitedly shown off our rings to his father and Takashi was shocked. I remember him asking to talk to me by ourselves while Ushijima went to clean up both of our rooms a little.

"Sasaki-San." Takashi looks at me, a serious expression on his face. The entire time I've been here he's been sporting a smile. Now that he looks serious, I'm kind of scared.

"Yes? Is there something wrong Takashi-San?" I ask nervously.

"I am glad that you two worked out your problem, but I have to admit I'm a little weary of you two getting engaged so early." He sighs. "As you know, Wakatoshi's mother and I had a failed marriage. I married into his mother's family and they were very authoritative. I had to beg just for them to let Wakatoshi continue using his left hand. I don't want to make decisions for my son, but I don't want him to regret getting married at a young age."

I bite my lip, though nod in understanding.

I get where he's coming from. I, myself, don't even know how to feel about getting married within the next two years.

"I understand, if you're against it I'm sure Wakatoshi-Kun won't mind waiting a little longer. I understand your worries, we haven't been dating that long." I say and Takashi chuckles a bit.

"I'm not against it, per say. From what I've heard about you, and what I've seen in person I believe that you do care for my son. You're quite the opposite of my ex wife, which is the only thing I can ask for, for Wakatoshi. I just don't want him to go through a divorce. It's not a pretty thing." He says and I nod, fiddling with my fingers.

It feels weird talking about this. Marriage seems like such a grown up thing to do, and here I am engaged on my 18th birthday.

"If Wakatoshi-Kun and I do end up getting married, I don't think I'll ever plan on divorcing him." I give him a small smile and he laughs.

"You never know, things are different when you're bound together by law." He grins. "What do you think of him?" He asks and I frown.

"What do I think of him?" I repeat and he nods. I'm not sure if I've ever been asked that question.

"I ask because a lot of people don't assume right away that he's a kind person." He explains and I think of how he walks around with a blank face.

"I think he's a good guy. I think he just wants to play volleyball." I answer and we both laugh.

"That's true. He's come a long way. I'm so proud of him."

"Me too." I smile. "I can't wait to see him play on a professional team, he works really hard."

"You don't get in the way of his volleyball, do you?" He asks, making my eyes widen.

"Oh, god I would never. And I'm sure Wakatoshi wouldn't let me anyways." I chuckle a bit. "Funnily enough, our first date was us playing volleyball." He looks at me in surprise then bursts out laughing.

"Of course." He says. "But yes, I agree with you. Wakatoshi is a good boy, he's dedicated to his sports and I'm appreciative of that. I just wanted to make sure you knew that he never has ill intentions behind his actions. When he explained the reason you left the house, I was shocked and disappointed in him. But I knew that he didn't mean to cause you harm. So I'm glad you two are on good terms."