I don't know what's going on, don't leave me alone

All looked towards Illumi who lowered his hand, looking at Jinxz, " Illumi " Kurapika spoke, Illumi simply began to walk towards the door they came in, everyone followed him. But soon turned right, " Illumi the exited isn't over there " Gon spoke, " I know, there's something I have to check before I leave " Illumi spoke as he continued to walk, everyone shrugs and follow him.

They see him walking till he came across a door, it looked old a bit of the side was broken and the white paint on it was chipping, the door itself was pretty dirty. He looks at the door, the feeling of fear and anxiety began to build up, ' I'm just going to look, nothing more. Pull yourself together ' Illumi thought. He took a deep breath and reaches the doorknob, he twists it hearing it squeak a bit as he slowly opened the door.

Once opened the room itself was dirty, the window looked smashed with a bit of foil tapped messy on it, on the right, there was a bed, it was small and the bed frame itself was metal which was a bit rusty and black, the sheets looked dirty stained with something red. By the bed, there was a nightstand, which was brown and looked old, across the bed was a closet full of old clothes and blankets, in the corner on the left there was a small brown desk with a chair, which didn't look as old but also not too new. Illumi walks in feeling a shiver goes down his spine, he looks over at the bed, he walks over to the bed, as everyone watched.

' This is where I spent most of my time, in here laying on this bed and sometimes floor, I was always so scared. I remember crying wishing for the pain to stop. I wonder is it still here ' Illumi thought. He kneeled down by the bed, he reached underneath in as he was looking for something, which confused everyone. Soon his pale fingers felt something, between the springs in the mattress, he grabbed it pulling it out. He looks to see it was exactly what he was looking for, in his hands he held a small doll, it had long messy black hair and black eyes, it looked really old and like it was broken.

Illumi looks at the doll, as he smiles softly looking at the doll, his eyes feeling a bit blurry, he held the doll close to him, no one really knew what to do. Killua not liking the feeling he felt walked up to him, he shyly placed a hand on his shoulder, Illumi looks up at him, " That doll, it seems important to you " Killua spoke. Illumi looks up at him, Killua was taken back as he saw sadness behind those usual emotionless black orbs. Killua was at loss of words, he looks down at the doll, " It was the first thing anyone ever gave me, I was so happy I had it " Illumi spoke.

" Did someone break it? " Gon spoke as he stood behind Killua, " Yeah Jinxz was angry and saw it, I tried pulling it away but he soon grabbed it and ripped it in front of it. Despite my body being in pain, I did my best to fix it up, it was too precious to me, so I use to hide it so no one could see it " Illumi spoke. Illumi looks around the room too many painful memories coming back, he knew coming here was a bad choice but he had to, one last time.

" We should start heading out " Illumi spoke getting up as everyone nods, he takes one last look around the room, he walked out, as he did he looked in each room as he was looking for something. Till he reached a certain door, he opened the door, which lied inside shooked everyone. Inside were eight children, four girls, and four boys, all looked between the age of six to ten, five lied looking beaten and dead. Three were dismembered, and one boy lied on the bed, beaten his clothes torn, and looked at them scared. Illumi walked inside walking close to the young boy who backed away in fear, " It's okay I'm not going to hurt you " Illumi spoke.

He kneeled down, as he looks at him, he was very weak he saw a stab wound on his stomach, too much blood was leaking out the wound, he knew he wouldn't survive he lost too much blood. " I'm Illumi, what's your name? " Illumi spoke giving him a kind smile, " S-sou, please don't hurt me " the young boy spoke. " I won't, you don't have to worry those men won't ever hurt you again " Illumi spoke, " Really? " Sou spoke, " Yes, whatever happened it's okay, no one will hurt you again " Illumi spoke as he pulled the young boy in for a hug, who hugged him back crying.

" It's ok let it out, you're safe now " Illumi spoke as Sou cried on his chest, as Illumi ran his fingers through his shirt, " It's ok, rest now " Illumi spoke, Sou felt tired and weak, and couldn't keep his eyes open, " Thank you " Sou spoke as he soon fell limp in his arms. Illumi simply looks down at him, he picked him up, he walks out everyone looking at him confused, once outside he lied him on the ground, he sharpened his nails and began to dig a hole. Once big enough he placed Sou inside, he put the dirt on top of him. He kneeled down placing both his hands together, closing his eyes, a single tear dripped down his cheeks.

He soon gets up, " Would you like to help me with the rest? " Illumi spoke, soon they buried all the other kids. " Stay here, there's one last thing I need to do " Illumi spoke walking in, grabbing a bottle of gasoline and poured it all over the building, he grabbed a patch of matches, he took one last look around the place. ' This is where I spent many years locked up and in so much pain, as other countless children did as well. It's about time this is done, goodbye ' Illumi thought as he swiped the match against the thing on the packet looking at the flame, watching the flame as he threw it on the floor watching flames grow. He walks out as the rest look at him, surprised seeing the building behind him burn down, " Let's go " Illumi spoke walking away, nothing but two dead corpses were left in the building burning down to ash and dust. 

Yamete yo yamete yo, yasashiku shinai de yo

Doushite mo boku ni wa rikai ga dekinai yo

Itai yo itai yo, kotoba de oshiete yo

Konna no shiranai yo hitori ni shinai de 

Kokoronashi~by GUMI 

12/06/2020 

Word Count: 1190