Making Up

Ronnie had slipped off on her own, initially thinking of going to their hideout but thinking better of it without the others, and sneaking off to an abandoned rec-room instead.
Sitting by an open window, she was sneaking a cigarette- she really should stop smoking, she thought; maybe once she was out of this place and in a less stressful situation. She smiled ruefully; maybe she should tell Jayson to stop sneaking her cigarettes and lighters, but seriously, it was amazing how that man seemed to be able to get his hands on everything.

She whipped her head around at the sound of footsteps, panicked it was an employee coming to find her out- and Katherine appeared in the doorway, apparently equally as surprised to find Ronnie there, judging by her expression. "Oh, hey."

"Hey." Ronnie said, subtly stubbing her cigarette out on the windowsill and flicking it out of the window onto the lawn below.

"Can I...?" Katherine asked, taking a tentative step forwards into the room.

"Uh... Yeah, sure." Ronnie nodded, a bit confused but obliging.

Quickly, Katherine walked in, relaxing herself on one of the sofas near Ronnie. "So what are you up to? I'm not used to seeing you without your gaggle of friends."

Ronnie have a half-hearted shrug. "They're busy... doing something."

"And you're not?" Katherine frowned; then shrugged. "Oh well. Means you can hang out with me. ...If you want, that is."

"Hang out?" Ronnie queried; she really wasn't used to Katherine seeming so nice. "Uh... Yeah, sure, if you want."

Katherine smiled, patting the seat of the sofa beside her. "Come on, talk with me."

Crossing over to the sofa, Ronnie cautiously sat down. "... You don't usually want to talk to me."

"... I'm really sorry about that." Katherine said. "I think we got off on the wrong foot. I've a terrible attitude sometimes... I'm getting better though- and don't say you weren't nasty to me back either, because you were." Immediately, Ronnie opened her mouth to object, fully prepared to start bickering; but Katherine, seeing her misstep, cut in again in an attempt to backpedal. "I'm sorry! That was rude... I mean, it's true... That doesn't matter! Thing is... I actually really like you, Ronnie. Particularly recently, since... You know." She said, reluctant to mention Mia by name. "You're really nice and I'd like to get to know you better."

At the hopeful look in Katherine's eyes, Ronnie began to soften.
Smiling, she reached to take Katherine's hand. "Well, it's better than quarrelling." She joked, before responding seriously. "I think... I would like that."

And then the lights went out.