🌸The Double Date Pt 3/3🌸

🌸Before You Read🌸

🌸Before You Read🌸

🌸Warning: Descriptive Scenes of an Anxiety Attack ahead. It may be triggering to some readers. Please tread with caution.

🌸Panic🌸

The moment I overheard Akiba bring up Raiden's internship, I knew it wasn't going to end well, but there was something he said that really threw me off

The moment I overheard Akiba bring up Raiden's internship, I knew it wasn't going to end well, but there was something he said that really threw me off. Akiba said his questions were answered before Raiden even gave him the chance to even listen to his questions. It seemed off for Akiba to ask Raiden something like that, especially since he never seemed to be the kind of person to ask that.

I tried my hardest to tune them out, but Raiden had to bring up a topic I forced myself not to think about in weeks: the Infernal Order. There wasn't much that happened since then, so I figured maybe it was all over, a one time thing. Maybe Kita would say something that would put his mind at ease, so we could just move on because I just wanted to forget about what happened.

Except it was when Akiba gave his answer I realized I had much bigger problems than the Infernal Order to worry about: I had him to worry about. The fork fell from my hand as I slowly started to piece it all together. After all, I had never told anyone about what Hibiki said to me that night. Akiba mentioned it as if I had told him about it.

Being that he was in the Hero Department, that only meant one thing: Akiba could read minds. I mean, I knew he did already, but this whole time, I thought it only happened if he touched someone. That wasn't the case at all. It couldn't have been. I mean, he knew what Raiden meant with that one simple remark he gave. Even I wouldn't have known what he meant by it if he didn't flat out tell me. There was no way Akiba could've just guessed what Hibiki said to me that night about him liking girls with short hair.

He had to have been able to read my mind without touch.

My stomach lurched at the thought as the air started to thin around me.

"Tami? Are you okay?"

I snapped my head up, realizing that Kita, Akiba, and Raiden were all staring at me. They all looked concerned. For Kita and Raiden, they probably figured I was about ready to just explode inside my own thoughts. It was Akiba I couldn't trust.