Rain

It has been two weeks since I last saw Luke and Michael. My father has been beating me more than ever and I have been too weak to fight back.

I was stuck in the cellar once again. Tears were urging to come out but I blinked them back. I hated the salty liquid running down my cheeks and choking on the sobs while not being able to breath.

The lock clicked from outside the door signalling that it had been opened. The door swung open revealing my father. His jaw clenched at the sight of me.

"We have guests again" Dad gritted.

I stood up shakily. My short purple dress was covered in blood. He eyed my dress and pursed his lips. He moved away from the door.

"Go and change" he said in a calm tone he rarely ever used 

I ran up the stairs to my room, stripping my bloody dress off my body and chucking it to the floor.

I took a quick and shower.

I hissed as the water ran down the large cuts on my hip. I stepped out of the shower and dried myself. Carefully dabbing my cuts and bruises. I wrapped a bandage carfully around my waist and slipped another fresh, clean dress on my body knowing that it would be ruined later on.

I applied foundation to my bruises and my face and applied other make up to my eyes. I dipped my finger in my lip gloss container and smeared the sparkly substance across my lips.

I studied myself in the reflection. Wearing make up was like wearing a mask so others can't see what I looked like underneath.

I glanced at the short peach coloured dress I had put on. It stopped a little above my mid thigh. My peach coloured nails matching it perfectly. I applied big silver hoop earrings.

Suddenly my door swung open. My dad was dressed in a tux and his hair was freshly washed and combed. He starred at me and widened his eyes slightly. 

"B-Bridget" he whispered to himself.

He his hazel gaze locked with mine and his eyes softened realizing that it wasn't his wife standing in front of him. He looked down to the floor.

"They are here" dad said and walked out the door.

I sighed.

I placed my short silver heels on and walked out the door and down the stairs.

It seemed like I was walking down the stairs in slow motion. My heels clunked on the stairs, my hair flew behind me and my glossy lips sparkled in the light. Ben and Jack looked at me with their mouths wide opened earning a slap on the arm from their father.

Luke looked down to the floor with his hands stuffed in his pockets. I could see a small scar on the side of his forehead. I cringed a little at the sight of it.

Liz looked at me in awe and nudged Luke. He looked down at his mother. She was only a head smaller than him.

"Look" she whispered.

Luke looked up. His bright blue gaze met mine. He inhaled and held his breath. It seemed like he was frozen. As the long walk down the stairs finished. I walked over to the Hemmings family and greeted them. I shook hands with Andrew and gave a Liz a hug.

"You look wonderful" she whispered in my ear.

I smiled.

I shook hands with Ben and Jack who were grinning like idiots. I giggled slightly. Then my hand came in contact with Luke's. I looked up into his blue orbs wondering how such a nice boy like him would do something as dangerous as murdering.