Clara's Mistake

Clara's POV
I couldn't sleep. The night we left Y/n I kept panicking and demanded that we go back to get her. They didn't bother and instead they called the cops letting them know that we had left a student behind.

Looking at the empty room and seeing all her stuff here made my heart ache. I was walking left and right with my hands through my hair. Tears started streaming down my cheeks. I tried calling Y/n, but her phone must've been dead since it went straight to voicemail. I make a fist and end up punching the wall until my knuckles bled. I didn't care about the pain. All I cared about right now was Y/n. My friend.

I knew this was part of the plan. But I didn't want to say goodbye like this. I didn't want to say goodbye at all!

Flashback

I was 13 years old. I was just a kid, and I didn't know any better. I was walking to school and saw a girl, same age as me. She was also walking to school with her father. We headed to the same direction.
She must be going to the same school as me.

As we got there I saw him waving his daughter goodbye. He turned around and I see him looking at me. I look down as I'm walking past him trying to ignore him.

"Hello. Excuse me." He said in a kindly manner.

I stop and turn around. "Y-yes? Are you talking to me?", I stuttered a little. He was a stranger after all.

"Sorry to bother you, but I noticed you were behind us the whole time." He laughed a little and smiled while scratching the back of his neck.

He knew?!

"O-oh. I'm sorry." I bowed

"Aw it's okay", he chuckled.

He seemed really nice. He was friendly and it made me feel less tense than before.

"My name is Mr. l/n" waving at me.
(your last name: l/n)

"Hello. My name is Clara" I told him smiling back.

"My daughter y/n goes here. You might be in the same class. I was hoping you would do me a favor?", he asked me politely.

Kinda sketchy but I asked him what the favor was.

"My daughter is a little shy. I was hoping you wouldn't mind being her friend?"

I smile thinking how kind he was to look out for his daughter like that.

"Ummm. Ok." I smiled.

"Oh thank you. Thank you."

Before I turned around to leave he called me again.

"Oh wait, Clara! Here you go." He gave me $100 and smiled.

My eyes widen at the sudden gesture.
"Wait why?" I asked

"For being her friend.", he smiled and left waving goodbye.

I became friends with Y/n and she was super shy. When I first met her she seemed so introverted. Like she didn't want to talk at all. It was difficult to start a conversation with her. To be honest I was about to ditch her. The only thing that did keep me from ghosting her was the money her father kept giving me.

My last year in middle school, 8th grade, was when I demanded more money from Mr. l/n. I got so caught up with the money that I kept spending and spending so much. Y/n asked one time how I could afford it and I told her my parents were wealthy.

I lied

She smiled and told me about her parents as well. She told me were alike. At that moment I didn't care as much about what she said. Instead I just cared about when my next paycheck came in. Y/n's father stopped giving me the money because Y/n kept wondering were he would go every now and than. Instead he sent a tall man. Kind of like a bodyguard or agent. His name was Kyle, and from then on he would give me the money.