54: Partly United

Seto watched as everyone else passed through the ripple in one piece. He took in familiar surroundings, letting out a relieved sigh.

"We're not that far from home." Seto said as he started walking. "Let's hurry back to the castle and tell everyone what happened." The others followed closely behind him.

"Hey... since we're all back, does that mean the Effects will disappear?" Ian asked, hopefully.

"I guess we can find out once we get there..."

"We still have to do something about the realms merging." Sky reminded them. "And about Herobrine..."

"You can't do anything about that." Sloth jumped in. "If Father really awakens, I'm going to have to leave you guys."

"L-leave..?!" Ian exclaimed. "You don't mean..."

Sloth nodded. "I would rather not die..."

"Then Envy... you're also..." Jason looked at Envy.

"I-I don't know yet..." Envy muttered. "I don't know how Father is like..."

"Is there a way to stop Herobrine?" Sky asked.

"Essence and Artifacts." Sloth answered. "That's the two things I know that will be of use." He glanced at Jason. "Kindness here have his Essence, which means it's possible for the rest of you to unlock yours." Sloth paused, seeing a red glow in Jason's chest.

Th.. that couldn't be....

"Kindness... where... where did you get that?"

Jason seemed confused. "H.. huh?"

"My ripple was directed to another realm and he ended up getting it.." Envy said.

"Wh-what did I get?" Jason asked.

"An Artifact..." Sloth muttered. "Are you able to activate it?"

"Jason has the Artifact...?" Ian asked, looking at him. "He doesn't seem to look any different..."

"Ah... I did find an orb.. but it disappeared when I touched it..." Jason said.

"A-an orb?" Seto's eyes widened. "There's no way..."

"Do you believe it now, Sorcerer?" Sloth questioned. "One of your friends has an Artifact."

"Wh-what is this Artifact?" Jason asked.

"Sloth said that it's like a weapon of some sort." Ian explained. ".. Something related to Essence.""

Seto looked at Jason closely. "How would someone use the Artifact?"

"You have to activate it first." Sloth explained. "It's usually activated by a strong emotion..."

"Strong emotion..?" Jason muttered. Can a weapon really appear like that? He wondered.

As the group got closer to their destination, they could hear the yelling and shouting of the affected people. "Guess it's too soon to see if the Effects disappear." Ian remarked.

Sloth flinched. "Th-this vicious intent..."

Envy's eyes widened as he felt it as well. He had completely forgotten that he gave access to a ripple for Lust.

Sloth groaned. "Why did you open a ripple for him?"

"Kindness was in danger... I... I had to at that time..." Envy answered, quietly.

"What happened..?" Sky questioned.

"Luxuria is here." Sloth answered quickly. "He doesn't seem happy either..."

Sky ran towards the castle, having a bad feeling about what happened. Just before he reached the entrance, Jerome and Quentin bursted out.

"S-Sky?!" Quentin stammered, shocked. "Seto... Jason... Ian...!" His eyes widened as he spotted Envy and Sloth among the people behind Sky. "A-and Sins!?"

Jerome held his sword in front of him. "Watch out, there's Sins right next to you!" He shouted out.

"Hold on!" Ian yelled. "Don't worry, they're with us!"

"Lust... Is Lust here?" Seto asked.

Jerome turned away, his hands forming fists. "He was taken..." He said, quietly. "By Lust..."