epilogue

3 years later

location: chicago, illinois

liked by 4,209,841 others

bensimmons 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦🦮🎄❤️

view 291 comments...

—COMMENTS HAVE BEEN LIMITED—

user21 they look so good together 🥺🥺

kingjames 🙏❤️

username amari been glowing lately, it's good seeing her so happy 💕💕

dwade ❤️

kyrasimmons cute

mrsniawalker cameron getting so big!!💖

gabunion beautiful!!!💕😭

joelembiid ❤️❤️❤️

adrian this what we do now? no invite? ight bet. 😅

amari zips cameron's jacket up to his neck and pulls his hat down over his ears. "mommy, it's too hot!" he complains, pulling at the sleeves of his parka.

"it's cold outside, cameron," she says, handing him a pair of gloves. he pouts and continues pulling on his jacket. amari unzips it for him just a little bit so he can be cooler while they wait for ben to get the dogs.

so much has changed for them, their location being the most prominent. after amari laid all of that on him in new york, they started going to therapy. it had been a good idea, until their first session. eveything was getting aired out within the first fifteen minutes, and then amari couldn't stop crying. it was difficult rehashing and what she considers to be the hardest time of her life.

ben and amari went to therapy for six months, before deciding to put what they learned to the test. their biggest topic that was continuously brought up, was how they met. their therapist said that that was probably the root of all of their issues; to which ben and amari agreed. their lust came before love, and it took a divorce to realize that.

but they tried again. they started over properly and traditional way, and then the butterflies she used to feel in her stomach, came back. she smiles when she thinks of him again, and is thankful that she no longer wakes up to an empty and cold void on his side of the bed anymore. and part of starting over meant doing a 180, so they packed up their stuff in philly and moved up to chicago, the change in scenery helping with their do-over.