Day With The Queen - Lord Jayce

Day with the Queen- Lord de Lons

It's time for my day with the Queen of Wattpadia to begin. I suit up in my formal dress, as usual. Nothing extravagant... nothing unnecessary. This is a formal meeting with the Queen. A business venture, per se...

I arrive at her castle just after the royal breakfast, and she takes my arm, walking with me around the castle grounds.

"Lord de Lons... What kind of life were you living before coming here, to my kingdom?" I shrug.

"My Queen, it was nothing much. I am a businessman, trying to help the average man or woman in my country run their business affairs without problems... But there are many that need attention." She nods her head respectfully.

"A businessman... Well... Why would you give that up to be King?"

"It's simple. Business in one kingdom is isolated... relying solely on the riches of one nation. If all were..." I make a gesture with my hands. "...brought together... everyone would be happier. If I was King I would try to make the world a more profitable business world. "

"So, your opinion on foreign affairs is-"

"That they are mutually beneficial." I cover my mouth. "My Queen, I apologize... I interrupted you." She sighs.

"You're excited, I understand. Anyway... Who are the important people in your life?" I shake my head.

"So far, I have no one... I was an orphan... I brought myself to all the riches I have, though it's not much. Which is why I'm suitable... I have no firm ties anywhere..."

"Oh my... you had a troubling childhood." I shake it off.

"So do many..." I see a poster regarding witchcraft and its punishments, and shake my head.

"My Queen, I do not intend disrespect... but you know that there are forms of magic that can aid people.... save lives... cure illness... It's not all bad. Though I do not practice it, I was once saved by a witch from the bubonic plague..." She frowns at once.

"Magic is a sinful evil, Lord de Lons.... Good day." She departs without another word, and I sigh. 'Oh boy... What have I done.'