chapter six

"Should we wake her?" I heard a distant voice say.

"No, she looks cute when she sleeps," other voice replied.

"Look at you Charles, all smitten," the first voice teased.

"Shut up"

Then there was a loud thump. I think the other guy hit the other. I opened my eyes and saw both Owen and Charlie staring at me.

"Dude, you woke her!" Charlie said to Owen.

"No I didn't, besides we're here so she needed to wake up anyway" Owen cut back like I wasn't there.

"Morning guys" I said and yawned. "Where is here exactly?" I asked all sleepy.

"Somewhere near Brandon" Charlie told me. I had no idea where that was but I let it go. It really didn't matter anyway.

"We thought we would eat something" Charlie kept talking and gave me a smile.

I couldn't help but smile back. He for sure had one of those smiles that made you smile.

I started to wake up properly and realized that in a matter of fact, I was kinda hungry. I slowly got up to sit. I guess I had fell on my side while sleeping and used Charlie's stuff as a pillow. That's nice. Hope he doesn't mind. Omg I hope I haven't drooled all over his stuff. This was a nightmare.

"Sorry" I looked at Charlie and then his bag. Why am I so great at this? When I met Owen I had no problems what so ever, but now.. all I do is embarrass myself.

"Why are you apologizing?" he laughed. "You can use my stuff as a pillow when ever you want, don't worry about it."

"OK," Owen jumped to the conversation and pulled his head between me and Charlie. "Can we go now?" he said impatient and I could swear he seemed little jealous for some reason.

I didn't get time to think about it any longer because guys already jumped out of the car. I opened my door and stepped outside. It was already getting dark. I looked for my phone but it wasn't in my pocket. I checked the seat and started to panic. What if I had left it to Winnipeg!?

"Looking for this?" I heard Charlie saying behind me. "I took it from you when you fell asleep and almost drop it."

What a sweet guy.

"Thanks" I said as he gave me my phone. I checked the clock and it was already close to eight. I had slept for like three hours. Woah.

"You coming?" I heard Owen shouted from the door of the diner. He looked angry. Maybe he was just hungry.

We sat on the table next to the window. I was sitting next to Owen and Charlie sat opposite side of the table. The diner was empty except us and the waiter who was working behind the counter. It was nice and quiet.

I started to go through the menu while Owen and Charlie were talking about the recording ahead of them. I was too tired even to be excited about the fact that that meant we would get some more music from the boys.

"What can I get you?" the waiter woke me up from my thoughts.

"I'll take a cheese burger, please" I told my order to him.

I looked at the waiter and he was about the same age than we. And I had to admit.. he was kinda cute. Well he was very cute. I smiled to him as he took the guys' orders. Right before he left he gave me a wink. Gladly the boys didn't catch it. I could feel the smile grow on my face.

"Owen says you're a great singer," Charlie broke the silence.

"No I really am not, I just like to sing sometimes, BY MYSELF" I glared at Owen. Oh I hated him sometimes. Why did he have to tell everybody that.