chapter nine

"@owenjoyner mentioned you in a comment" read on my phone screen.

I pressed the notification and a picture of me and Owen popped up. He had posted a picture with me on his Instagram.

I smiled to the picture. It was taken back in the diner we had eaten after we had picked up Charlie.

Charlie had took photo of us sitting in the booth. I was leaning on Owen and he had his arms around me. It was a really good photo.

I meant me so much that he posted it. It kinda made my doubts of our friendship's realness disappear.

"with my favorite finnish girl @ainokoivu who sleeps a lot" I laughed at the caption. He wasn't wrong tho.

I decided to add a comment to the picture and read through some other comments. Most of them were nice and were complimenting Owen's hair or clothes or whatever. But there were some pretty nasty ones too which were meant to me.

I could feel anxiety growing on my chest as I read more comments. They were saying I was some crazy girl who was obsessed with Owen.

I put my phone away and tried to push the comments away from my mind. They didn't know what they were talking about. I wasn't making Owen to drive with me or post that picture.

Even if they were wrong I couldn't help but feel like shit.

I was still feeling kinda bad about Charlie's behavior earlier and now this. This certainly wasn't my day.

"Hey can I drive?" I asked Charlie. I needed to distract my thoughts and driving was all I managed to come up with.

"Yeah of course" Charlie said to me looking confused of my sudden want to drive.

He pulled over to the next bus stop and we switched places. Owen had fell asleep again but he woke up when the car stopped.

"What's going on?" he asked with tired voice.

"A is gonna drive so we are just switching places" Charlie quickly explained to him.

"Oh okay" Owen said still sleepy. "Can we stop to get some food soon? I'm starving" he then asked.

"Yeah I think there was a sign of some gas station while ago, we can pick up something from there," I told to sleepy Owen.

He smiled and nodded accepting the suggestion.

In the first time for a while we were all awake and you could hear it.

I loved singing in the car. I didn't make me feel uncomfortable or bad. Even thought I knew the guys could hear me sing, it didn't make me feel like crying.

Atm we were screaming words to Kiwi by Harry Styles. I was huge fan of One Direction back in the day, and I still keeped up hope that they would get back together one day.

That was the main reason why I was so happy to hear that the guys loved 1D as well.

We kept on singing One directions songs and also the solo material till our voices were sore.

.......

"I'm gonna get some orange juice," Owen said to me as we walked inside of the store in gas station.

We had finally arrived to the gas station. Owen had been whining like a baby for the last 15 minutes cause he was hungry. It was kind of a relief for both me and Charlie that Owen finally got some food.

Things between me and Charlie had been kinda weird for the past couple of hours since his little outburst. We did talk to each other but there weren't any of our usual joking or teasing, we only said the things we had to say.