chapter nineteen

I was still sitting in the bathroom wondering about the last night when I heard a knock on the door.

"Hey u okay?" voice asked.

It was Owen. He was always so caring. To be honest I didn't know how he managed to be all the time. It had to be exhausting to always look out for others.

Owen was that guy who sacrificed all for the others and didn't take enough time to himself and that made me little sad sometimes because Owen deserved it all.

"Yeah," I told him and unlock the door. "I just needed to get my head together."

"Yeah OK I get that," he looked me with compassion.

"Do you know where I have got this scar?" I asked him and showed him my cheek.

He ran his fingers over it and I winced a little in pain but swallowed it. Owen had still noticed cause his hand let go of me at the same second.

"Sorry and I don't" I could see the worry in his eyes. "This is the only one, right?" he then asked looking more mad than concerned.

"Yeah I think so, at least there isn't anything else on my face," I assured him which seemed to calm him down a bit.

"I mean if somebody has hurt you and I wasn't there to stop it.." he stuttered and turned away from me. "I just should have been there," he said quietly and looked down on his feet.

I felt bad for him. He was always blaming himself for everything that happened, like now for this.

"It's not your fault" I whispered and hugged him.

I felt his arms slowly placing on my lower back pressing me tight against his body, I felt this sudden pain in my side but ignored it and focused on Owen. He buried his head on my shoulder and I could feel how tired he was. He had been up all night because of my stupidity.

We stood like this for a while and I could feel my heart beating little faster. Then he let go but stayed still right in front of me looking into my eyes.

"Morning guys," I heard a voice and Owen's head shot up. I turned around and saw Charlie standing there looking..... well you could see he had had a rough night. But he looked still good tho.

"Morning," both me and Owen said at the same time.

Both of the guys were still shirtless and it was kinda distracting. Not in the bad way but I had to really keep my eyes under control.

"Sooo is everything okay?" Charlie asked looking all confused.

"Yeah it's all good" I lied.

"Yeah except the princess here doesn't remember anything," Owen let out and I hit him on his side.

"Why did you tell him?" I aggressively whispered him even though I was pretty sure Charlie heard me.

"Sorry I didn't knew it was a secret," Owen whispered back shrugging his shoulders but I could tell he was hiding a smirk.

"Okayyy," Charlie said and we turned our heads back to him. "So you don't remember anything, ha?" he grinned a little.

"Yeah I do, it's just after like 2am when it goes dark" I said rubbing the back of my neck. This was embarrassing.

"Oh okay" Charlie said walking to the kitchen. Owen and I followed him.

"So is our lunch plans still on?" Charlie asked me.

I had forgotten all about our lunch plans. Oh shoot. I certainly didn't feel like eating anything but I still needed to talk to him.

"Yeah sure," I answered him casually.