Niece

Second update for today, hooray! Makabawi man lang sa hindi ko pag-update nung Christmas hehe.

Enjoy reading, bbs!

Dedicated to calexxandria!! Thank you for your patience and support!!

**

"Why me?"

Her knees wobbled as she finally surrendered her body. She stumbled to the ground, broken and in pain.

Life hasn't been particularly in favor of her. She was exposed to every negative aspect of all realms at a young age. Her story could almost be written. From her going missing and being silently protected, to her family being the most noble, to her supportive friends, and even to her being her professor's favorite student. 

It was as if everything was set up for her to be the main character in a tragedy or maybe, melodrama.

"I don't want to die." 

Damien was quick enough to support her head before the rest of her body collapsed. His left hand engulfed her body, while his right hand reached for her wet cheek, gently pressing her head against his chest.

"I can't..."

She cried even more as a result of what he did. She was letting go of every shattered piece of herself. She was so messed up that she is no longer trying to put her broken pieces back together.

For what good is completeness if she knows that death will remain her endgame?

"You should breathe." Utos ni Damien sa kanya.

Mahina siyang natawa at pilit nilalabanan ang pagbigat ng talukap ng kanyang mata. Sinubukan niyang huminga ngunit tila may nakabara sa kanyang dibdib.

"I said, breathe." Matigas nitong ulit.

Tears streamed from the corners of her sleepy eyes, causing her vision to blur. Her ears began to malfunction, causing her to hear his muffled voices. And her heart was racing, but she couldn't bring herself to breathe because her lungs were refusing to cooperate.

"Fuck."

Luna felt her body being lifted and then found herself lying on a soft mattress.

"I told you to breathe properly, Amara!"

She expected her to collapse, but she wasn't expecting Damien to grab her hands before gripping her jaw with his free hand and parting her lips while using his mouth to give her air.

Luna stared at him with wide eyes. Lalo ata siyang nawalan nang hininga sa ginagawa ni Damien ngayon sa kanya.

When he parted their lips to check on her, all she could do was close her eyes and welcome the darkness. 

Was it because of the shock? Maybe.

"Should we call Lady Doreena?"

"We definitely should." 

Naalimpungatan si Luna dahil sa halo-halong mga boses na ngayo'y kanyang naririnig. Idagdag na rin ang pagpupunas sa kanyang mga braso ng kung sinoman.

"How was she before she collapsed?"  

Mariin niyang pinikit ang mga mata matapos marinig ang panibagong boses at nang makaramdam ng kakaibang sensasyon sa kanyang katawan, hindi na niya kailangan pang alamin kung sino iyon.