Prologue

An: thank you for reading my new book 😊 If you have any suggestions to make this better, feel free to leave a comment. Also I had to write this three times in order for it to actually publish so if there are any errors that's why 😭

Today was just like any other day. It was a relatively calm day. Well, as calm as it ever gets in New York. Noise filled the air. People were shopping. They were going to parks. There was even a person getting robbed in an alley in broad daylight. But none of that is important to this story. At least, not yet.

What is important is the discussion taking place in a place not many people know. Unless, of course, you are special and by special I mean a demigod. It was taking place on the 600th floor at the Empire State Building. But you already knew that, didn't you? As you all must be wondering, what discussion was taking place. Well you're in luck because I'm here to tell you.

The discussion was about how some of the gods cough zeus cough wanted to send someone back in time to save their children from their terrible fates despite the warnings from the others. They probably just wanted to feel better about themselves for being terrible parents. Somehow they actually succeeded in convincing the other gods and goddesses to send someone.

There was, however, one condition. It couldn't be someone from their world. It had to be someone from a world where they did not exist, except for in fiction. Surprisingly the terms were agreed to. So with that in mind, they started their search for the perfect candidate. Eventually everyone agreed on a person. A girl who went by the name of Y/n L/n.

Now Y/n L/n was not someone most people would pick to entrust this huge responsibility to but something about her just drew them to her. Make no mistake she was pretty unremarkable to them. She had no friends preferring to be alone. She would read during lunch to avoid social interaction. The only remarkable thing they found about her was how much she loved the Percy Jackson series. They watched her for a while to be 100% sure she was the one. As it turned out, she was the one they needed.

So once they decided on her, they had to pick when she would go. Should she go to the war with Kronos? Or the war with Gaia? Or perhaps when Apollo gets mortalized? After another long debate, they decided to place her when Zeus got his lightning bolt stolen. When he decided he would blame a twelve year old boy who had never been to Mount Olympus with stealing it and forcing him to find it and in the end didn't even apologize.

Now that they had the who and when, they now had to decide where they place her. This resulted in another lengthy debate until they ultimately decided to put her in Yancy Academy. So now they had the who, when, and where. The only thing they needed now was to decide on how much they wanted to help her. They finally decided that she would be able to see through the mist, but she was not a demigod. She would just be a mortal.

Their plan was finally finalized so they started to put their plan into action. They used their godly powers to transport her to their world then to Yancy Academy with a certain son of Poseidon. Since they were done with their part, they cough zeus cough patted themselves on the back for their hard work.

So dear reader, that is how you ended up stuck in your favorite series. Unable to leave. Unable to know if you would even survive until the next day. Completely and utterly alone.