Chapter 17

An: I'm alive!!!!! 🤸

I waited on that porch for what seemed like hours before I finally had enough. I wondered how long it would take for someone to walk past to help since I hadn't seen anyone pass by in the last hour. I concluded that it would be forever until someone walked past so I decided to just do it myself. I rolled to the stairs to contemplate my next move. I figured trying to get down while in the wheelchair would be a terrible idea so I decided to push the wheel chair down the stairs. Then I would slide down the stairs.

Why don't they have a ramp for the disabled people? They never went over this in the book, but I assumed there would be something to help the disabled. When I was safely off the stairs, I drug myself over to my wheelchair that was laying on its side. I looked around to see if there was anyone who could help. Seeing no one, I righted my chair and got in it. This sucks.

I rolled around for a bit until I saw the huge stone-lined firepit in the middle of the cabins. There was a girl tending to the fire who looked to be around 9. Not really caring about the cabins, I went over to the fireplace. Since I my arms were already sore, it took longer than I'd like to admit to get there. Once there I quietly stared at the fire before looking up at the girl.

"Hello. My name is Y/n L/n. What's yours?" I asked hoping my hunch was correct.

"My name is Hestia, but you already knew that," Hestia replied with a smile.

"I had a hunch, but wanted to be sure," I smiled back. "I just wanted you to know that you are one of my favorite goddesses."

She seemed a bit taken back by that statement. She probably doesn't get told that much which sucks cause she's the best. Anyways I feel so safe next to this fire. Its so cozy. I really don't want to leave, but I should probably go find Percy. I reached into my pocket and brought out a necklace I had bought around Christmas time. At the time, I was unsure why I had bought it having no one to give it to, but now I understood. I bought it for Hestia.

"I know this isn't much, but I would like you to have this," I said holding out the necklace.

"What is it?" Hestia asked taking the box with the necklace.

"A gift," I replied giving a big smile.

Hestia opened the box revealing a simple gold flame necklace.* She stared at it for awhile ignoring me when I asked if she liked it. She was still staring at it when I heard Annabeth's panicked voice.

"Clarisse-" She started but was interrupted.

"Stay out of it, wise girl." Clarisse snarled.

I looked back at Hestia who was still looking at the necklace before returning my attention to the commotion. Clarisse now had Percy around the neck. I saw the cinder-block building she was dragging him towards and decided to take my time getting there. I do not want to be covered in toilet water today. I thought slowly rolling along after telling a dazed Hestia bye.

By the time I got there, the yelling had subsided. So I quickly made sure I wasn't near the door. A few seconds later, Clarisse and two others girls were blasted out of the bathroom by a huge stream of water. It didn't take long before the water shut off. I decided it was safe so I went to the now open door of the bathroom.

"Hey, Percy," I waved getting their attention.

"Hey, Y/n," He replied shaken. "Did you see that?"

"Yeah. It was awesome."

They walked out the door watching as Clarisse and friends were sprawled out in the mud. She gave Percy a look of pure hatred before spitting out, "You are dead, new boy. You are totally dead."

"You want to gargle with toilet water again, Clarisse? Close your mouth," Percy said causing me to snort.

"What's so funny!? Huh, pipsqueak!?" Clarisse shouted at me while getting dragged towards cabin five.

I did not reply simply waved with a smirk. I waited as Annabeth studied Percy with a calculating look.

"What?" Percy demanded having enough. "What are you thinking?"

"I'm thinking that I want you on my team for capture the flag."

Percy and Annabeth walked in one direction so I went the other. Percy got to explore so now it's my turn. I looked back to the hearth to see Hestia looking at me with fondness in her eyes. I gave her a friendly wave before rolling off to explore. After almost dying via volleyball to the face, I figured I'd had enough adventure for one day. It had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that my arms felt like they were about to fall off.

I looked around to see if I could find anyone that I knew to ask for some help. I then noticed a tall, muscular guy jogging my way. He had short-cropped sandy hair and a thick white scar on his face. He was wearing an orange tank top, cutoffs, and sandals. Now obviously this was Jason. Just kidding it was Luke. While I do understand his reasons for what he did, I don't think I want anything to do with him just yet.

"Hey there, newbie. I saw you looking around. Are you lost?" Luke asked giving me a big grin.

"Not really. Just tired," I replied curtly trying to keep my face neutral.

"Would you like some help? My name is Luke Castellan, by the way." He said holding out his hand.

"Sure. I'd like that. And my name is Y/n L/n. It's nice to meet you," I replied shaking his hand not wanting to be rude.

"Where are you headed to?"

"The infirmary."

"Alright. Lets go." Luke said pushing me in the direction of the infirmary.

We did not get far before running into Mr. D. Grover was nowhere to be found so I assumed that Mr. D was finished with him. Mr. D motioned for us to come to him so we did.

"Cheryll, I need to talk to you," Mr. D said staring at me. "Alone."

He's not even close to getting my name right.

"Bye, Mr. D," Luke said leaving.

"What do you need from me now, Mr. Q?" I asked once Luke had left.

"Excuse me?" Mr. D glared at me.

"What?" I replied feigning ignorance.

"What did you just say?" He questioned in a low voice.

"Your name," I replied with a smug grin.

He gave me one of those horrifying glares that shows the things he does to those that piss him off. I held his stare. He's already done this once before. You'd think he'd learn that this does not have the effect on me that he wants. If he wants to be called the right name, he'll call me the correct name. He glared for a few seconds longer before sighing and looking away.

What a pain.

* This is the necklace given to Hestia