Chapter 4

*BONNIES POV*

1 week later

We walk inside the airplane, the smell of ground coffee lingers my nose. Aunt Jenna navigates us to our seats and I'm wedged behind a businessman man and a woman who looks to be in her twenties. I take a seat and rest my head against the hard seat, waiting for the object to lift up the ground. An air attendant walks by, but stops when she see's me. Confused I lift my head up immediately.

"Madam, could you please put on your seat belt we are about to depart." She says her eyes locking onto the loose seat belt.

I blush, forgetting about my seat belt and quickly put it on. I don't remember ever being on an airplane, but I supposed I have when I saw that picture of me posing in front of the state Liberty. I hear a small voice from ahead and Timothy's head pokes from the small gap between the chairs.

"Did you remember to pack Pandington?" He whispers

My heart drops when I see the teddy sitting at his shelf I forgot to pack.

"Yeah, yeah I did." I lie hiding the panic behind my tone.

Pandington had been Timothy's favourite teddy since he was little, Dad mailed it to him for his fourth birthday and he's never slept without it. My palms sweat as I begin to panic. Not now bonnie. I begin to close my eyes, when the bells of the alarms and the voice of the capton roars my ears.

"Preparing to lift off, please put on your seat belts and have a safe flight" His strong American accent says.

I should get use to that, now that I'm living there. The thought daunts me living in a huge city, being surrounded by similar faces my whole life. Maybe Aunt jenna was right. Maybe this is good for me. I was never healthy living there, and I knew deep down that it would never be the same. The thought of leaving mum makes my head spin and before I can react I feel the airplane slowly beginning to lift. I grip onto the handle bars and take a deep breath.

***

7:07am We stand among a stream of people, timidly waiting for our suitcases. Multi coloured suitcases pass by, my eyes searching for a small red one. I spot a similar burgundy red and lift my hands to grab it but I feel someones grip pulling it away. I pause to stare at the man who's scowling at me.

"Thats mine." He says annoyed.

I let go, realising that It doesn't have the poka dotted name tag.

"I'm so-" I begin to say when he grunts and walks off. Wow. Seems like he's not a morning person.

"What was that all about?" Aunt Jenna says.

"It was nothing, I thought that was my bag and It was his" I shrug.

"You mean that one?" She says while it escalates towards us. I roll my eyes, and scan for the poka dotted label just to be sure.

We leave the airport, sky scrapers and glass buildings tower over us casting shadows on the concrete pavement. Bright yellow taxis pass by, illuminating the dull morning. People dressed in suits and pencil skirts roam the streets, the sound of cars honking ringing my ears. I feel a hand tightly grasp on my arm and I look at Timothy who seems to be excited.

"Wow" He says.

"Yeah, Wow" I say and Aunt Jenna flashes a bright smile.

"Welcome to New york" She says.

A/N: Sorry for this short chapter, I rushed this one trying to keep up with dealines. I promise that the next one will be extra long xoxo