Chapter 20

***Bonnie's POV***

"What was that about?" I ask Harry, praying that its not what I think it was, she is so damn gorgeous.

"I don't know" He mumbles starting the engine on, but something in that sounded off. I don't know where me and Harry stands now, but this situation is making that a whole lot difficult.

"Harry." I press, and he sighs staring straight into the road.

"I will explain everything in Lunch."

"Why cant you just tell me now?" I ask, annoyed that he's so reluctant to tell me.

"Because..."

He steers left on the road, which makes my body jerk closer to his and I feel his hand touch my thigh steadying me. His touch makes my stomach flutter, and a smirk plays on his lips, his hand still on my thigh before pulling out side the street. He walks around the car, and opens the door earning a smile from me. Its the small things he does without thought which means a lot to me. He takes my hand, and we walk along the stream of shops until something glints in my vision, distracting me.

"Where are you going?" Harry asks

"Something caught my attention" I mutter pressing my face in the darkly coated glass. Thats when the shimmering green object, comes to view and I stare at the beautiful pendant; its emerald green much like Harrys eyes and is a oval shape with a shiny silver metal curling around the tip.

"Its gorgeous" I mumble, the diamond sparkling brightly through the barely translucent glass.

"It is, like you" Harry grins and I feel my heart uncontrollably beat faster.

"Thank you" I smile and turn away from the window.

"Do you want to go and look inside?" He offers, and I shake my head.

"Were gonna be late for work, maybe another time" I smile while we walk further down the street.

We reach the end of the dirty street, bits of trash and cigarets coating the floor. Its more empty around these parts of New york, I'm surprised that Harry hangs around here judging by his wealth and status. I feel a bit like an outsider, entering something Harry calls home.

He told me on our bowling date how he lives in Brooklyn, how his wealth comes from his Mother but he never uses any of it, his car was a birthday gift he said.

We turn the corner and Harry stops. Confused, I look at him and he chuckles walking me down the steel spiral steps going under ground, theres a open steel door when we reach the end and we walk through it the smell of garlic slapping against my face. If this wasn't a restaurant I would easily of mistaken it by a house or something. We walk further down the dim, hollow space and my eyes adjust to spotlight railings hanging down the concrete ceiling. The walls are made out of brick, with one scattered in black and white framed photos. Its chick, with an urban flare to it. We reach the end of the room, to a booth and sit opposite each other.

"What do you think?" Harry grins.

"Its so amazing in here" I praise, looking around the room again which is quite packed.

"I thought you might of liked it here" He smiles

"Erm Harry, you still haven't explained" I say slowly, hating to ruin this moment but its been bothering me.

"Oh, that" He sighs "I was hoping that you would forgot about it"

He fiddles with the napkin, avoiding my eyes when he starts "I'm not proud of my past. I usually don't like to talk about it but you deserve what your getting yourself into..."