21.

chapter twenty-one

HARRY

Its 7 and thank god for that. I walk out of mr pain-in-the-ass's office, leaving the door open to piss him off. I stride to Bonnie's office, praying that Blair isn't there to pester me and remind me of my unwanted past. When I walk in, Bonnie's desk is empty and I look around the room, no sign of Bonnie. I begin to panic, her stuff isn't there and she wouldn't leave without me. Would she?

"If your looking for your friend she isn't here" I hear the annoyingly familiar voice say from behind me.

I turn and of course Blair stands in front of me her arms crossed,

"I can see that. Where is my girlfriend?" I correct her and she rolls her eyes, frustrating me.

"She left with some guy or something"

"What?" I gasp, my mind spinning vigorously.

"Erm there was this guy jelled black hair, tall, caramel skin..." I feel rage over fuel me. I know exactly who she's talking about Adam. She's with that fucking dick.

"What time did they leave?" I say through my gritted teeth,

"About 15 minutes ago, Harry look I know I've been a total- I storm out of the room, cutting her off. I need to find Bonnie. I don't even know why she's with that guy any way, I don't trust him one fucking bit and he's related to that pedophile who harassed Ashley. How can she be so reckless? I step inside my car, shit. What do I do now? I don't have her phone number and I have no idea where she is. I slam my hands in the steering wheel, tugging on my hair trying to think of a solution. Her apartment! She might be in her apartment, I drive my car to her flat praying that she's there and safe.

BONNIE

I take a seat next to Adam, awkwardly shifting on the edge of the bed waiting for him to break the silence. He looks uncomfortable to, and I decide to grow some balls and say something.

"Happy birthday!" I squeal, and he laughs shakily. Great way to make things even more awkward Bonnie, my conscience remarks.

"Thanks, woo 20!" He smiles, shaking his arms in the air trying to make me feel less embarrassed.

I laugh, and he laughs too, all tension between us being swept away.

"I missed you" I whisper, and his eyes soften turning a golden honey colour.

"I missed you too Bonnie" I lean in to hug him in a tight embrace and he exchanges the gesture, I notice how soft his body is compared to Harry's where its hard but soft all the same.

"So wheres my gift?" He grins, hunching his back a little so he's at eye level.

"About that..."

"I'm joking, you don't have to get me anything, besides I have everything I need" He smiles, staring at me and I feel my cheeks flush,

"So hows your internship going?"

"Amazing, answering phones and buying coffee for Mrs Lust. Living the dream" I say sarcastically.

"Ah, it cant be that bad" He chuckles

"Thats actually what I wanted to talk to you about, Adam did you tell Zayn to get me the internship?"

His face breaks into a grin, and he looks down at his hands.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I didn't say anything before I didn't want it to be like you owe me something" He shrugs and I pull him into another hug

"Thank you, I really appreciate all you do" I say behind his head, his kindness making me feel even more terrible from what I putted him through.

We hear a knock at the door, "Come in!" Adam yells and Zayn appears at the door way and I feel a shiver run down my spine, even with Adam I don't feel safe with this man.