Chapter 23: Back To Normal

A/N: I know it's been a while, but I've been enjoying break. Plus, don't forget that I'm starting a new story called Worth the Risk. Go to my profile and check out the little prologue and first chapter I have there if you're interested. Love you guys! xx

July 3, 2013 

Concert at Izod Center in East Rutherford, NJ

(Niall's POV)

We were all on our way to New Jersey, which was a huge relief. It's like all of the bad times were being put behind us as New York went out of sight. The past few days had been nothing but stressful and full of fear. I couldn't see Krystal cry again; it was one of the most heartbreaking things I had ever seen.

She had been so helpful during the times I needed her most and I promised her that I'd pay her back when this damn cast was off of me. What she didn't know, was how I would do it. In all this mess, she had apparently forgot about "the game" that had been started.

"What are you so focused on?" Krystal broke into my thoughts, looking up at me with those beautiful eyes.

"Just counting down the days to when I get this damn cast off." I reply, not being completely truthful, but it surely wasn't a lie.

"It's just a week, mate. I'm sure you'll be fine. Just a couple concerts with casts, unless you were thinking about other things..." Harry started, smirking at me. I tried to throw a playful punch at him, but he moved away and it isn't like he could run after him.

Krystal's face had turn the prettiest shade of red, but she tried her best to hide it. I settled back onto the couch and threw my arm around her, bringing her ear closer to me and whispering, "He wasn't wrong you know..." I placed my hand on her leg and just left it there as her face got even redder and she let out a noticeable sigh.

"How long until we get there? It can't be too long. You guys do have a concert tonight, right?" Krystal asked, covering my hand with hers and trying to avoid further embarassment.

"Yeah. It had to be a hell of one, too. These poor fans just got set back a day and had to reschedule everything." Louis answered.

I stared down at the couch, pretending to admire the fabric, but actually being overcome with a feeling of guilt. "It isn't you fault," Liam walked over to put his hand on my shoulder, "You needed time for the pain to go away. Our fans will understand."

"Oh shit, man. That's totally not how I meant it. Sorry." Louis replied, obviously sincere to his words.

"Don't worry about it. I just none of this would have happened." Everyone just nodded in agreement and to break the silence, "Hey Paul! Are we going straight to the venue when we get there?"

"Yes, probably so." He answered. "It'll be almost time for meet and greets, so might as well."

(Krystal's POV)

Lorissa just sit beside me in silence, most likely feeling like a third wheel, which she shouldn't. In a surprising twist of events, Bentley had decided to join the boys on tour, but he would drive himself. I smiled at the thought, knowing he was only coming because of Lorissa. It was a good thing for her to be happy. I turned and smiled at her.

"What?" She asked, glaring at me as if knowing what I was thinking. I just shook my head.

I couldn't help but miss Danielle and Roy. It was understandable why she needed to go back home for a while, but she was the stone that kept me and Lorissa in the right mind. She was helpful and her not being here was actually really sad.

That's when I looked out the window, failing to be dramatic when I saw the "Welcome to East Rutherford" sign. "We're almost at the venue." I heard Paul say, waking Zayn up out of the nap he had been taking almost the whole ride.