Chapter 13: Complications (Part 1)

A/N: This chapter is a little sad and tear jerking at some parts.....I hope you enjoy it, though! ♥♥

I was just about to doze off when I heard a yell, "KRYSTAL!" It was Danielle. "KRYSTAL! I NEED HELP."

June 23, 2013

Concert at Verizon Center in Washington, DC.

(Krystal's POV)

I lie awake in the hospital, still not believing what had happened.  Everyone was finally getting used to the fact that Danielle was having a baby and then she has a miscarriage? It was so unfair that this had happened to her, of all people. The doctor had kept her over night for a couple hours and now it was time to leave. Roy couldn't get a word out of her; she wouldn't even look anyone in the eyes. Who could blame her, though?

I decided to finally text Niall, because I knew he'd be on his way to DC right about now. 

Really bad news..

What happened??

Danielle had a miscarriage..

Oh my god.....I bet her and Roy are heartbroken.

Yeah, they won't talk to anyone. Me and Lorissa have tried..

Well, hey, we're just about to leave for DC, do you and her wanna hitch a ride with us?

You wouldn't mind? I think they need their alone time...

Not at all. Just get to my hotel quick.

Be there in 10.

"Hey, guys. Lorissa and I are going to hitch a ride with the boys on their tour bus, okay? So you two can be alone." I saw Lorissa look at me with a combination of excitement and hurt. 

"Okay, we'll drop you off at their hotel, then?" Roy replied, obviously trying too hard to be strong about this whole situation. 

For the first time today, Danielle spoke up. "I don't think I want to go to the next few concerts..." That hit me like a brick. She was so heartbroken and you could hear it in the way she was speaking. 

"That's fine, Danielle. Take as long as you need. We'll always be here for you." I choke out, holding tears back because I know I wasn't the one that deserved to cry. We were finally at the hotel, which was a relief because the car ride was getting awkward.

Lorissa and I got out of the car and to our surprise, Danielle got out, too. She pulled me into a hug, "Thank you so much for always being there for me, Krystal. I'll be okay soon. Just, don't have too much fun without me." I couldn't manage to do anything but hug her back and nod. All I wanted right now was Niall to hug me and tell me everything would be okay.

(Niall's POV)

I still couldn't believe Danielle had lost the baby. After everything seemed to be falling back into place and then this goes and happens. The lads were perfectly fine with Lorissa and Krys hitching a ride with us, though. They understood as always and promised to stay quiet about the miscarriage. These boys were amazing.

When my eyes catch Krystal walking towards the bus, my heart sinks into my stomach. She looks exhausted and heartbroken. Her eyes are barely staying open. The only thing I knew to do was hug her and hoped it would help. 

"Hey, babe. How are you holding up?" I asked, as Krystal walked onto the bus, Lorissa trailing behind her. Tears were welling up in her eyes, so I pulled her into a hug before she burst into tears. "Shhh, it's okay. Don't worry. Everything's going to be fine." I felt her head nod on my shoulder.