Chapter 8: Shortcuts

A/N: Sorry this is up later than I thought it would be! :) I've been a little busy since I've gotten back home. Anyways, this chapter is just a bit of fun because the last few chapters have been a bit on the serious side. I hope you like it! ♥ 

______________________________________________________

June 19, 2013

Concert at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville

(Niall's POV)

When we finally arrived in Nashville, it was around 5 am. All of us had fallen asleep on the tour bus and Paul had a time getting all of us up and into the hotel. I remember slowly walking into a room and just crashing again. So when I did wake up this morning, I didn't really notice where I was for a few minutes.

My eyes glance at the clock on the wall. It was just 10:30, so I had time to text Krystal and get out lunch plans worked out.

Mornin! How about I take you somewhere nice for lunch? Like Applebee's or Red Lobster?

You don't have to do that, Niall!

I want to, tho. I need to ask you something. Today was the day. I think I was going to ask Krystal to be my girlfriend because I wanted her all to myself. The thought of her being able to be with other guys because we weren't "official" irritated me to no end.

Well, alright. (: Meet you at Red Lobster at 12?

You got it! :) 

(Krystal's POV)

What could Niall possibly want to ask me? I thought about the possibility of being his girlfriend and immediately pushing away the idea. There's no way he was going to ask me that. Why would he when he could have just about any other girl in the world?

I go tell mama and Lorissa that I'm leaving in about an hour to have lunch with Nialler and then start getting ready. Danielle's face drops a bit and I ask, "What's wrong?"

"We had planned to go to the mall, remember?" Mama said, irritated. "Just, don't worry about it, Lorissa and I can go, but you best not be ditching us every day like this. This is still our summer you know."

"Of course I know. I would ditch Niall, but he said he had to ask me something.....and I'm sort of hoping  I know what it is." 

"Oh my gosh! You could be Niall Horan's girlfriend?!" Lorissa shrieked.

"Most likely not, but I still have that little piece of hope that I MIGHT be.."

"Oh my gosh! Why didn't you say so in the first place? I would have forgiven you in a second!" Danielle screamed. I couldn't remember the last time I had seen her this excited. 

My laugh echos the room, "Well, I better start getting ready. He's taking me to Red Lobster."

"Alright! Me and Lorissa are probably going to leave in like 5 minutes! See you soon!"

After getting ready, the nerves start to come on. What if he was going to ask me to leave him alone or something? It could be a terrible question or a really good one. To me, there was no inbetween. Niall didn't know how much he actually did mean to me. He was the only person that could make me feel like I was on Cloud 9. The downside to that? Niall Horan was the only guy that can rip my insides apart just by saying something like, "We don't need to talk anymore." That's why I was terrified as I walked into Red Lobster...

(Niall's POV)

I kept wondering what Krystal's answer would be. We've only known eachother for like 9 or 10 days, but I knew asking her to be my girlfriend was the right thing to do. There was so much to look forward to in this relationship, why not make it official now so we can get it out of the way? All that was left was to actually ask the question.