Chapter 21: Acceptance

A/N: I love you guys. That is all. ♥

July 1, 2013

Day Off

(Krystal's POV)

When I woke up this morning, I felt so lucky to actually be able to wake up. After being in a near death experience, I guess you automatically learn to appreciate all of the Little Things. "Hey." Lorissa sounded more tired than I had ever known her to be. The last thing I wanted was her to lose sleep over this.

"Lorissa, how much sleep have you gotten the past two nights?"

She smiled, and took a sip of her coffee, "About an hour. I've been worried, but it's alright because I've had company." That smirk of hers was unmistakable...

"Are we talking about Bentley?"

 Not a second after I said that, he walked right through the door, grinning widely when he saw I was awake and well. "You look like you're getting better," he said while he made his way over toward Lorissa, "here, I got you some more coffee."

"Thanks." Lorissa said, avoiding my eyes at all times. 

The essence of love in the room made me realize everything all at once. I wasn't the only one who had been in that crash. It was me and the boy I was falling more in love with every day. That prompted the question, "Where's Niall?"

I watched as both Lorissa's and Bentley's eyes grew wide and the color drained from their face. This couldn't be good, but I asked again, more intent on getting an answer, "Where is Niall?"

(Niall's POV)

Pain. All I could feel is pain. I knew things were getting better, though. I've just opened my eyes for the first time in two days, but I was too weak to move, let alone yell for a nurse. My head was aching, along with the rest of my body. I heard someone opening the door and I worked up the strength to turn around, much to their surprise, seeing as they gasped.

"Oh my God! Niall, you're awake! Hold on, let me go get a nurse." Liam said hurriedly, rushing out of the door. All I could bring myself to do is smile and sigh with relief. That's when I remembered that Krystal was in the crash, too and started to panic.

Right as Liam walked back through the door, he must have read my mind, "Krystal's fine. They're letting her go really soon. She's been really worried about you, won't stop asking questions. I'm so glad you're okay."

"I'm so sore." This is when I took a moment to look at myself. I pointed down at my leg, "Is it broken?"

Liam did a little nod, "In two places, actually. But, you can feel it right?"

"Hell yeah, its killing me." 

(Third Person POV)

Krystal had been omitted from being a patient, but everyone knew she wasn't going to leave until Niall could come with her. This accident had put a toll on everyone's emotions, but Krystal's especially. You could say it was the thought of losing Niall forever and not being able to have the future she wanted with him. 

When she had heard that Niall was awake, she fled her room right that second. Her feet had never moved that fast before, but it was all worth it when her eyes locked with Niall's. Barely noticing the broken leg, Krys threw her arms around him, squeezing a bit too hard. "I love you so much."

"I love you, too, Krystal. I'm so sorry." Niall said with tears brimming his eyes.

"You don't need to be sorry. I'm just glad you're okay." Krystal replied, letting go and looking into his eyes. "I'm staying here until they release you." All Niall could do was nod because he knew she wouldn't take 'No' as an answer.