Chapter 11: A Simple Promise

A/N: For those of you who were wondering: Yes, I'm Danielle. No, I'm not pregnant. And Yes, Roy is my actual boyfriend in real life. Has been for a bit more than a year now. ♥ Now, back to the story....

June 20, 2013

(Day Off)

(Niall's POV)

Sleeping in a hospital isn't the most comfortable thing, but I would do anything for Krystal. We knew that Roy was going to be okay, but the doctors said he might have some brain damage or amnesia when he woke up this morning. As soon as I remembered that, I looked around to see who all was there. I see Danielle, Lorissa, and Krystal, but the guys weren't there. The clock says it's 10 am, so I decide to go down to the cafeteria to get some breakfast.

"Hey, Nialler. How you doin'?" Liam's voice echos in the background. I turn around and see my four best friends with sympathetic smiles on their faces.

"I'm alright. Just hoping everything turns out okay. Krystal looks so worried, I hate seeing her like this." 

"We understand, bud. On the bad side of this, we have to be in Charlotte by tonight for the concert tomorrow, which means leaving around 4 or 5 this evening at the latest." Louis informed me, knowing that this would just upset me even more than I already was. The last thing I wanted to think about was leaving Krystal and her friends in this time of need.

"I know, I know. I'm hoping that everything will be okay by then. The doctors said there was a chance that he'd wake up and remember everything..."

"You know that's a slim chance, Niall. Don't get your hopes up like that." Louis said, being logical and serious at the time I needed the complete opposite from him.

"Fine, I'll just go check then. Have fun eating your damn breakfast." Maybe I took that bit of anger too far, but I was feeling stressed. All the guys were worried about was work, work, work. Why couldn't they understand that all I wanted was to be with Krystal at a time like this. God knows that if this happened to Danielle or Eleanor, the whole world would stop for Liam and Louis. Why was I any different?

(Danielle's POV)

I woke up feeling a little sick, but trying to push that feeling away. The only person I cared about right now was Roy. After everything we've been through and all that we have planned, this can't be happening. I jolted out of the uncomfortable hospital chair and rushed to Roy's room. He wasn't in the bed.....that could mean two things.

One: He felt all better and was just in the bathroom.

Two: Something terrible we won't even mention has happened.

For now, I'm going to sit on this bed and hope for the best. That's when I saw Niall come into the room and look at me with the most sympathy I've ever recieved. "Where's Roy?"

"I'm actually not sure at the moment. Just wanted to sit down for a second before freaking out." He smiles at me. Krystal was right about fame not changing Niall. A noise sends me flying up off the bed; it had came from somewhere close. 

"Niall, what do you think you're doing chatting up my girlfriend?" My mouth hangs open, Roy was up and walking. He even freaking remembers who I am. Turning around, I see him struggling to stand up and rush over to help him to the bed. 

"Oh my God! Let me get the nurse." Niall screamed out in excitement, thinking clearer than I was at the moment. I was just happy to have my boyfriend back and in the know. He was a fighter and going through something like this just made him stronger. As he sat down on the bed, I started crying uncontrollably. Damn all these pregnancy mood swings.