Chapter 20: Guilt

A/N: I just want to thank you guys for reading. ♥ It really means a whole lot to me.

June 30, 2012

Day Off

(Niall's POV)

I remember lights, really bright lights, the ones that could blind a person. I remember telling Krystal that it was going to be okay, that we were going to get out of  there, feeling the blood fall from my scalp to my chin. I remember police sirens and the ambulance getting Krystal, but the last thing I remember is darkness; a darkness that  I can't seem to escape.

(Krystal's POV)

I remember lights, really bright lights, ones that reminded me a flashlight. I remember Niall holding on to me for dear life; telling me that everything was going to be okay and I was going to get out of there. I remember the ambulance taking me out of the car, but the last thing I remember is glancing at Niall and seeing blood, a lot of blood.

(Danielle's POV)

Deep down inside I had known that the party was a huge mistake. Every time I try to go out and have  the least bit of fun, something always goes wrong. This wasn't just 'something', this was everything. It's been hours and neither Krystal or Niall had woken up. I couldn't help thinking that this was all my fault. Guilt had never had a better definition in my mind than right now.

We all stayed in the hospital waiting room that night, but I was the only one who couldn't get any sleep. All I could think of is how different everything would have turned out if I would have been sensible like always. Roy had his arm around me the whole night, trying his best to comfort me until he finally drifted off to sleep. That's when I decided to make a trip down to the kitchen to grab some coffee.

"You should really get some sleep, y'know." I put my hand over my face and rubbed my eyes sleepily as I heard Harry's voice.

"I can't." I answered, looking straight into his eyes. 

"Danielle, you can't blame yourself for what happened. If it's anybody's fault, then it's mine. I was the one who convinced everyone to go." Tears were rimming Harry's eyes and in that moment, I could tell that the guilt was eating away at him. I didn't realize that he hadn't gotten any sleep, either. We were both sitting in this abandoned kitchen blaming ourselves for something we didn't really have any control over.

"You don't need to blame yourself, either. All you wanted us to do was have a little fun while you guys had some time, that's completely understandable. You can't control drunk truck drivers and their stupidity. This isn't your fault, Harry." I placed my hand over his and he used his other to wipe away tears.

Harry jerked away from me and slammed his hands on the table, yelling, "I wish I didn't have all the guilt that I do, but there's nothing that can take it away. The party was completely my idea and now Niall and Krystal are laid up in the damn hospital hooked to so many fucking machines and here I am praying that everything will be okay." His voice lowered to a whisper, "I do blame myself for this, but you don't need to. You did nothing wrong." With that, he turned around and walked away. I've never seen someone so upset before. 

(Louis' POV)

I jerked awake in a very uncomfortable position and with a pouding headache to top it all off. It took me a few minutes to realize I was in a hospital and why exactly I was there. My eyes scanned the room, finding Danielle, Roy, Lorissa, Zayn, and Liam, but not Harry. I knew how much he was blaming himself for all that was happening. As soon as I had that thought, I got up and ran out the hospital doors to catch a taxi. I knew exactly where he would be.

(Harry's POV)

No one would ever understand the guilt I was feeling right now. There's nothing I want more than to get away from the world and act like this didn't happen. I want to forget the past twelve hours and pretend everything was perfect as always. I guess that's why I was here, in the diner where I came last time we were in Wantagh.