7 - spiderhead

harry styles

I may have made the mistake of telling Violet about my little crush on Ashton. 

In my defense, I thought we were doing okay! 

We made up about the whole thing with Sadie on game night and we were just joking with each other, and Drew may have eluded to it, making Violet very curious, so I told her, and now I'm screwed. 

I thought she was about to bring it up to Ashton which would have actually made me end my life, no joke. 

And I honestly never thought I would be put in this situation. That may or may not have something to do with the fact that I forgot that my girlfriend existed. 

I planned this whole club night with everyone and then Sadie texted me after almost a whole week of not hearing from her to talk about the wedding we're going to this weekend, and then she asked me what I was doing tonight and I couldn't lie to her.

So now we're here. 

I really didn't want to bring her. I really really just wanted to hang out with Ashton tonight-- and I know that is so selfish of me because I do have a fucking girlfriend, but....

Okay, I don't have a but. 

I just wanted to be selfish tonight. 

But Ashton seemed okay with it. I don't think she was really upset about us not getting to talk much during the drive or at the club tonight. 

It kind of made me feel a bit better, like maybe I didn't completely fuck everything up by low-key flirting with her all week and then inviting her out and bringing my girlfriend with. 

Fuck it sounds really bad when you say it like that. 

But then Violet happened.

God, I am going to kill her. 

Not only has she been such a bitch to Sadie when Sadie has done absolutely nothing to her, but more importantly, she almost ruined everything with Ashton. 

"You fucked up," is all Violet says to me before she picks up her beer from the table and takes a swig. 

"Excuse me?" I ask. 

"Both of your girlfriends are here, H. One of them is bound to hate you by the end of the night."

"Ashton is not my girlfriend," I defend. Just because I like her doesn't mean she's my girlfriend, and it definitely doesn't mean that my feelings are reciprocated. 

"And that really is a shame, because I like her a whole lot more than the bitch you do call yours."

"Violet you are so fucking childish, could you just for once not ruin our night with your stupid goddamn vendetta with my girlfriend? Because it's getting really fucking old," I spit at her. I truly am at my wit's end with this. I don't know how many times I can tell her that I have forgiven Sadie and she has to just accept that. 

"Looks like we're down one," I hear Sadie's voice approach the table, making us both shut up. I glance back over at the bar where I watched Ash go, only to have my view of her blocked by some fucking guy? 

"Who the fuck is that?" I mutter, and I don't even realize how angry I sound until I hear Violet nearly spit out her beer with a chuckle. 

"Uh, do you remember my friend Greyson from school? I'm pretty sure you met him at my graduation party. He's here for Noah's wedding tomorrow," Sadie says next to me, putting a hand on my thigh, probably trying to calm me down from my weird rage fit that I was about to fall in.